Community_discussions_small  

Question

New York/Grand Northern/Wild Western 2014 Sep/Oct

16 Aug 2013 Todd asked

Todd

It's a long way off, but i've booked to do these tours in 2014 September/October, New York Uncovered Sep 16-19, Grand Northern Sep 19- Oct 14 and Wild Western Oct 15-28, looking forward to it, if anybody is doing these tours then gimme a shout.

• 20 Sep 2013 Ian C said

Ian C

hey, im doing the grand northern 19 September 2014. It has just become a definite departure

• 27 Sep 2013 Aaron said

Aaron

i just came back from this exact trip grand northern into wild western, if you don’t know you do two different parts of the grand canyon(north and south rim) so no doubling up. My only tip is if you are planning on doing the helicopter tour of grand canyon do it on the wild western, as the grand northern one leaves from Vegas and you lose half a day in Vegas. whereas the other tour leaves from right near your accommodation

• 9 Oct 2013 Todd said

Todd

thanks for the heads up man! how’d you find both the trips?

• 9 Oct 2013 Aaron said

Aaron

both trips we great in their own different ways.
    The grand northern was the perfect mix of major cities and small town/national parks. There is plenty of decent hikes as well (which ones depends on your tour guide) some were pretty intense and it all winds up in Las Vegas which was insane as your been with most of your tour for a month.
    Dont know if it was just me or not but it took me a little bit of time adjusting to the wild western group after being with a tour for a month
    the wild western i found was more of a tourist tour than the northern but was still awesome as you get to see so many iconic places

• 20 Dec 2013 Samantha said

Samantha

Im still up in the air on the date for this tour whether to do the one that starts on the 12 or the one that starts on the 19 of september 2014

• 20 Dec 2013 Todd said

Todd

depends what suits you haha, i’m not usually biased but you should do the 19th,,, lol

• 21 Dec 2013 Samantha said

Samantha

I think im going to go with the 19th lol i haven’t meet anyone going on the 12.

• 27 Dec 2013 Hugo said

Hugo

Haha what a small world, I’m from the Central Coast and i was thinking on going a US tour around the 19th. so i might see you there

• 27 Dec 2013 Ian C said

Ian C

the more the merrier….

• 31 Dec 2013 Samantha said

Samantha

I’m book for the 19 of September its all confirm

• 4 Jan 2014 Ian C said

Ian C

Samantha – are you staying in new york before the tour starts

• 4 Jan 2014 Samantha said

Samantha

Im doing 10 days in California and i fly in on the 18 and stay in the hotel where the tour is suppose to start.

• 4 Jan 2014 Faye said

Faye

Possibly L.A. and Las Vegas some time between 2-15 Sept and NY Uncovered after that. Do you know whether we will be able to go inside the Statue of Liberty? (When I visited in 2002, it was closed to visitors so I’m hoping to be able to go in this time)

• 5 Jan 2014 Ian C said

Ian C

i get into new york on the 15th. As for the statue of liberty – i know you can get a ticket at the pedestal but it is first come first serve and you can get that from the castle clinton at battery park, as for the inside im not sure.

• 5 Jan 2014 Samantha said

Samantha

yay thats 3 other people i know coming on this trip

• 6 Jan 2014 Todd said

Todd

256 days to go! seems so long haha.

• 6 Jan 2014 Samantha said

Samantha

Once i start working again i think its going to go fast. Well i hope so.

• 6 Jan 2014 Faye said

Faye

Ah, thanks Ian. Looks like you have well-prepared yourself for the trip.
    Samantha, that’s a long time in California. I know what you mean— I enjoy going to work and time flies while I’m at work.

I will feel somewhat guilty requesting an annual leave for September after taking a Eurotrip annual leave earlier in 2014.

Anybody know whether we can get a discount for a September tour if our birthday falls in September?

• 8 Jan 2014 Samantha said

Samantha

Wouldn’t have a clue Faye try asking on the Contiki page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Contiki just wondering if you guys know how much money your going to take in Canadian dallors?

• 8 Jan 2014 Faye said

Faye

No discount :(

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.