Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best of USA November 2013 (Under 21y/o)

16 Aug 2013 cayla-rae asked

cayla-rae

Hi everyone,

Im planning on doing a contiki in USA, hopefully the Best of USA starting in LA,
I have heard that many of these tours are about going out and drinking and partying. Im from australia so here thats legal, but im 18 and know i wont be able to participate in those things over in USA,
Are there often people that are under 21 that go on contikis. If there is anyone who has done this before please let me know :)

I dont want to be the only person on the tour group that cant go out.

• 14 Mar 2014 Georgie said

Georgie

Hi Cayla,

I went on this in August and i was over 21 we had a couple of people who were under 21, most nights we’d go out for dinner and then those that could go out did. Its not that big of a deal if your under 21 but we found that most of the bonding happened over who did what stupid thing the night before so alot of us made an extra effort to get to know those who weren’t able to come out with us.

I’d say if you were worried about being the only one who can’t go out maybe do a european tour first because the drinking age in Europe is pretty low some places are 16 and then maybe do america when your 21. but all in all America is fun no matter what age you are and most people are pretty cool :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.