Community_discussions_small  

Question

Luggage?

6 Jan 2008 Karigain asked

Default_avatar
I was wondering if anyone knew what the best typ of luggage was to take for the adventurer tour. I have a suit case but it seems too big and bulky for europe.....
  • 6 Jan 2008 cherry_elle said

Default_avatar

I’m getting one with wheels. It’ll be so much easier in terms of transporting it.

• 11 Jan 2008 Danielle said

Default_avatar

Hi
    If you read the contiki brochure it says you either have to have a luggage bag it tells you the measurements or a big back bag. Only has 20kilos on contiki their strict. Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 11 Jan 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

If you’re looking to buy a new one, I’d definitely recommend one with wheels and backpack straps. That way its easy to transport both on the ground and up stairs.

I recently bought a duffel with wheels and backpack straps:
    http://www.ebags.com/high_sierra/a_t_gear_access_30_whe…ex.cfm?modelid=17597

I haven’t gone on tour with it yet, but I can say that this thing is massive. I did a pre-trip pack just to make sure it would fit everything. Even though it weighs 10lbs, after I packed all my planned clothes in (for the most part), it only got up to 20lbs and had plenty of room left (at least 1/4 of the bag plus side pockets and that is without folding to conserve space)

The only drawback is it doesn’t stand on end with the wheels, so you would have to lay it down lengthwise. Some people were irritated by this on reviews, mostly because they didnt know any better.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion