Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Camera advice

2 Jan 2011 bryn said

Default_avatar
Hey all

Im going on The Big Chill camping tour on june 28th and then to live somewhere in the UK. I'm wondering if I should invest in a good qaulity camera? At the mo I've got a fairly basic Sony Cyber Shot W110 which does the job, it's got 7.2 mega pixels and 4x zoom. Is that all good for a massive trip that i'm planning?? any camera people out there who could help me out??

cheers bryn
  • 2 Jan 2011 kristy said

kristy

yes.. this is the time to invest in a good quality camera.. you dont want to get stuck with a a few good photos and your tourmates have amazing ones.

that being said the panasonic lumix tz10 is really good. has 15x optical zoom and 14megapixels. its verry easy to use and they are going on ebay for $300somthing insted of 500+ in the store.
    there is also a canon one but i forgot what model it is.

• 3 Jan 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

The Canon is the Powershot SX210. It has the advantage over the Lumix of being able to manually change settings as well as the fully automated settings. This is the one I have and I love it to bits!

• 3 Jan 2011 bryn said

Default_avatar

Sweeeeet, you guys are awsome, time to start saving.

• 8 Jan 2011 Kaz said

Kaz
    quote:
    Originally posted by kristy:
    yes.. this is the time to invest in a good quality camera.. you dont want to get stuck with a a few good photos and your tourmates have amazing ones.

that being said the panasonic lumix tz10 is really good. has 15x optical zoom and 14megapixels. its verry easy to use and they are going on ebay for $300somthing insted of 500+ in the store.
    there is also a canon one but i forgot what model it is.

I can also confirm this. I have the TZ7 which was awesome. this is the newer one. my boyfriend just picked one of these up on ebay before christmas

• 12 Feb 2011 CassBass said

Default_avatar

I’ve got the Canon Powershot SX210 too after seeing my mates amazing photos from Splendour in the Grass. The zoom is fantastic and it’s a great camera to have :)

• 12 Mar 2011 Sandy said

Sandy

TODAY’S WOOT IS AMAZING! www.woot.com

Casio Exilim 12.1MP Digital Camera

$49.99
    + $5 shipping

i hope you see this before the day is over

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion