Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone doing Grand Southern (start LA) mid 2014?

18 Aug 2013 Nats1702 asked

Nats1702

I am planning on doing the Grand Southern tour starting from LA at around July/August next year. I'm a bit nervous as this will be my first time traveling solo- just wanted to see if anyone else is thinking of doing this tour around the same dates? Also, any one who has done this tour have any comments or tips?? :-)

• 18 Aug 2013 bek said

bek

Hi. I am doing the grand southern starting at L.A on the 14th of Aug 2014. It is also my first time traveling anywhere solo. I am very much looking forward to it. I am also doing the uncovered new york one straight after it and then going on to do the grand Northern. So If you decide to do the same date as me with the Grand Southern let me know. :-)

• 18 Aug 2013 Nats1702 said

Nats1702

Oooh ok awesome! I may very well end up doing that one! I really want to do the Yucatan Highlights tour in Mexico too, so i’m hoping to be able to find dates where i can do both tours one after the other (or as close as possible!)

• 20 Aug 2013 Roxy said

Roxy

I’m looking at doing the Grand Southern from LA on the 10th July 2014. If all goes to plan it will be my second tour solo… I intend to do a last minute London & Paris in Sep this year….
    Life has changed suddenly for me so I’m going out to see the world & meet everyone in it.
    Scared & excited!! Good luck with going solo… :) :)

• 20 Aug 2013 Nats1702 said

Nats1702

Hey Roxy! Ahh! I think i’m going to end up doing the 14th of July Grand SOuthern – only because i want to do the Yucatan Highlights tour in Mexico and that’s as close as i could get the two to each other! THat’s an awesome attitude to take though- I’m the same! I’m very excited to just get out there and see the world!

• 24 Aug 2013 Sophi said

Sophi

Hi Yes me and my Friend are doing this tour on the 14th August 2014 (my Bday on the 16th so we will be in Vegas)…. it will be amazing we are also doing the Yucatan – Mexico Cancun tour on the 02/08/2013 before this the Grand Southern…

• 24 Aug 2013 Nats1702 said

Nats1702

Hey Sophie! I ended up booking my tour yesterday and booked it the other way around. Starting with the Grand Southern on the 3rd of July , but i have booked what i’m assuming is the same Yucatan Highlights tour on the 2nd of August!!

• 24 Aug 2013 Sophi said

Sophi

Hi Nat, we will see u on the Yucatan tour then :)

• 28 Aug 2013 Lozz said

Lozz

I’ve just booked the grand southern for the 12th june 2014. It’s my first OS trip and going alone, slightly nervous but very excited.

• 28 Aug 2013 Nats1702 said

Nats1702

Good luck!! I feel the same- nervous, but soooo excited!! Except going on July 3rd!! Good luck!!! :D:D

• 29 Aug 2013 Lozz said

Lozz

Thanks, I think being in USA for the 4th July should be pretty good.

• 30 Aug 2013 Amber said

Amber

hey im looking at booking the grand southern for October next year. being the first overseas trip im quite excited but scared at same time. also looking at doing LA explorer before grand southern and the new York uncovered after the Grand Southern is finished :)

• 30 Aug 2013 Peter said

Peter

I’m probably going to be booking on the 25th of August or 4th of September. Travelling solo too, had enough of my friends haha.

• 27 Sep 2013 AlexG said

AlexG

hey im doing the grand southern but booked on the one that leaves 19/12/14 :) … my first time to the USA :)

• 30 Sep 2013 KerryLou said

KerryLou

I’m hitting the Grand Southern on the 7th August next year! Can’t wait :)

• 8 Oct 2013 annabel_walsh said

annabel_walsh

I have heaps of friends who have done contiki with and without friends and they have all said it will be awesome by myself! So long as you’re friendly and open I don’t think anyone here will have problems :) I’m doing grand southern 26th june!!

• 18 Oct 2013 Chloe said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the grand southern 26th of June!! Can’t wait!

• 24 Oct 2013 Amber said

Amber

im doing grand southern NY-LA 31 October-25th November.. Cant Wait!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.