Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Girls Last Minute Travel List

12 May 2010 Katezder said

Katezder
Hi All,

Leaving next weekend for my tour sooo excited! I don't want to forget anything! Can anyone share their travel lists or anything I might forget to pack while in Europe for 2 weeks?
  • 12 May 2010 LauraM12345 said

LauraM12345

walking shoes
    heels/flats
    something WARM if you are going up the mountains!
    flipflops for the shower
    gravol
    photocopies of your id, tickets, passport, and leave copies with your family
    ev Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> idence of travel/health insurance
    Bathing suit/s
    plastic bag or similar to put clothes to be washed in
    quick dry socks and underwear you can wash at night
    Toilet seat covers- believe me!
    lotsa hand sanitizer
    sunscreen
    bandaids/first aid
    all your meds, and prescriptions if you will need them
    laundry detergent, there are apparently little sheets you can get for the washer
    night bag, some places you may not be able to bring your suitcase
    if you have corrective lenses: glasses case, extra contacts, solution
    Travel Pillow-you can get a blow up one that takes up 0 room
    camera, extra batteries, or rechargable, and extra memory cards if you aren’t bringing your laptop
    a lock for your suitcase
    a dressy outfit or two, you’ll be going out!
    a converter for your blowdryer, charging batteries, ipod, laptop etc etc
    make sure you already have some euros before you get there. also, inform your bank and credit card companies you’re going overseas! otherwise they may get cancelled Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->
    anddd of course your clothes!!! and room for souvenirs!!

have a GREAT TRIP Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 13 May 2010 Katezder said

Katezder

Thnak you so mucg this was a HUGE help!

• 14 May 2010 Shannon735 said

Shannon735

The plastic bags are a good idea especially if you are going somewhere warm! Last year in Greece we moved around constantly on the land tour, so it was good to have a plastic bag to throw wet bathing suits into Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 29 Jul 2010 leisioz said

Default_avatar

bandaids, its funny when half the people on tour suddlenly need bandaids for blisters and noone has any. Its worth taking a packet youll be a instant hero

• 3 Aug 2010 rosiecotton19 said

rosiecotton19

I know you’ve already left (and returned!), but maybe this will help someone else.

I packed micro-fiber underwear and lightweight clothes, and a tiny bottle of laundry detergent and an inflatable hanger. I was able to wash a couple of things in the evening (or afternoon), it took like 5 minutes, and then they were dry the next morning! I went to Greece for two weeks with nothing but a carryon bag and I was well dressed for every occassion :-) I highly reccommend this strategy!

• 6 Aug 2010 Riverdancegirl said

Default_avatar

Is it worth to bring a duel voltage hair strightner? On my last tour someone’s blew up because of the voltage, so I was wondering if I should bring one or leave at home.

• 8 Aug 2010 JessW84 said

JessW84

Hi ladies- All of this info is very helpful!! Thank you. Im leaving for Italy, France, and Spain in a month and I cannot wait.

-Jessica

• 17 Aug 2010 Jordann23 said

Jordann23

Awesome advice! Thanks. Heading to Spain, France and Italy next week – CANNOT WAIT!!!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Edit: I have been back from my trip for sometime now.. had a blast, but one thing I would suggest is a pumice stone for your feet. You’re gonna be doing a lot of walking around, it’s a wonderful relief at night. Trust me, pack it. :) I also brought these insanely ugly walking shoes, but usually live in flip flops. After one (uncomfortable) day, I resorted back to my flip flops for all of my touring. Don’t waste your time packing things you never usually wear. Other than that… have a blast. It will go by in a heartbeat. :)

• 7 Sep 2010 AussieSarah said

Default_avatar

Biggest help goin in summer next year eurpeon vista can’t wait thanks !!

• 8 Oct 2010 Explorer1128723 said

Default_avatar

Riverdancegirl.

I always used to have to straighten my hair but before i left I got a keratin treatment cost me $250.00 but is sooooo worth it.

I took both straightners and hair dryer only use the dryer.

You don’t want to be wasting time straightning your hair.

I highly reccommend getting a keratin treatment if you can afford it before you go.

Also my friends GHDs blew up on her (GHDS bought from AUS) and she ended up using my GHDs all trip and mine were fine and also from bought from AUS. Its just the luck of the draw.

• 8 Oct 2010 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

condoms

• 7 Mar 2011 KateB said

KateB

haha good call RJ but isn’t that the guy’s job?

• 10 Mar 2011 LauraW said

LauraW

Explorer1128723 – thanks for the tip on the GHD! I have mine (from aus) which I would usually swear by and cant live without it, and my friend went to greece and hers blew up in her hotel room. I was debating bringing mine, but now you said that it seems like a great idea! (also kinda hoping another girl on my tour brings hers, and I can borrow!!) hahah

• 10 Mar 2011 Explorer1128723 said

Default_avatar

I took my GHD but did’nt use it but it came in handy for a tour mate that took her GHD and it blew up. I think its just the luck of the draw so maybe better to buy a cheap one or get a Keratin treatment I so glad I got one it saved me sooo much time! You don’t want to be missing out on fun while your stuck in the bathroom straightning your hair.

I want to be back there right now! Contiki is amazing so much fun! …. I’m soooo jealous of all you people who are waiting to go on your contiki ;( ………. :)

• 11 Mar 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

Explorer1128723 – Which treatment did you get done? I’ve heard of people whose hair fell out because of it … did your hair go totally straight afterwards?

• 11 Mar 2011 KirrynA said

KirrynA

with the GHD’s, any made after 2007 should be fine because theyre dual voltage. ive bought a dual voltage remington one because my ghd’s an older one, it better freaking work!!!!!

• 13 Mar 2011 KateB said

KateB

ah awesome thanks for the tip :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.