Community_discussions_small  

Question

The Big Walkabout, Start Darwin 27th November

20 Aug 2013 Jonasnz asked

Jonasnz

Is anyone going on this trip? Am travelling solo and would be keen to add a few extra nights on at the end in Sydney. Wondering if anyone else has similar plans??

• 23 Aug 2013 kelly_m said

kelly_m

Hi Jonasnz, I am doing the Outback adventure part of this tour, so will finish in Alice Springs. Excited to finally find someone else on the tour – I was beginning to think I was travelling by myself! :)

• 25 Aug 2013 Jonasnz said

Jonasnz

Hey Kelly! Haha me too! From what I can tell its a guaranteed departure which I’m guessing means there must be a good number of others already booked on it as well? Here’s hoping anyway! Good to see I’m not the only one doing a contiki close to home as well! Was contemplating whether I should be venturing further out but this will be my first contiki and first trip fully solo so hopefully will be a good start!

• 25 Aug 2013 kelly_m said

kelly_m

Yes there must be others out there somewhere lol. It is marked as guaranteed departure so that usually means at least 20-30 are booked. Where abouts are you travelling from? I’ve been all over the world but haven’t seen much of the country I live in so thought this looked like a good tour to go see some more of it. Contiki is amazing, this tour will be my 4th contiki and I did my Europe contiki solo last year and made the best friends from day 1 so solo will be a lot of fun. Feel free to add me to facebook – www.facebook.com/kelly777 :)

• 26 Aug 2013 Jonasnz said

Jonasnz

Oh that’s cool. I live in Auckland, New Zealand so just across the ditch. Wow sounds like your already a seasoned traveller! I grew up in England so have done a bit of travelling around Europe and what not with my family but only ventured to Thailand on my own accord otherwise. Only heard good things about contiki and really looking forward to meeting some new people! I am currently avoiding Facebook (productivity issues.. lol) but will no doubt be back online sooner rather than later so will add you then :)

• 26 Aug 2013 kelly_m said

kelly_m

Oh yeah not too far to travel! I have been bitten by the travel bug I think lol, I leave for a 6 week trip to the USA in 2 days. Haha no worries well if you re-activate fb feel free to add me. When do you get to Darwin before the trip?

• 26 Aug 2013 Jonasnz said

Jonasnz

Haha what! You lucky thing. Will do. Um I haven’t booked yet but will aim to get there at least one day beforehand, maybe two. Wbu?

• 14 Sep 2013 Kelly said

Kelly

Hello, another Kelly here. I’m starting it in Darwin to Sydney guessing your starting there too. I was a bit worried if anyone was actually doing it, Haa! I’m moving to
    Oz for a year but will be staying in Sydney. Are you staying in the Contiki hotel in Darwin beforehand?
    You will love Contiki, the oz one will be my 6th one.

• 14 Sep 2013 kelly_m said

kelly_m

Awesome kelly, where are you travelling from? This will be my 4th contiki

• 14 Sep 2013 Kelly said

Kelly

Well I leave home (Ireland) 21st oct and do a Thailand Contiki and then fly onto Perth and stay there a month. 4th wow maybe it’s a traveling thing for Kelly’s lol. Have you done Oktoberfest? I’m doing it start of oct!

• 16 Sep 2013 Jonasnz said

Jonasnz

Hello Kelly! We were thinking the same thing.. Lol. Yeah I’m starting in Darwin and travelling towards Sydney, arriving in Darwin on the 25th and staying at the Contiki hotel for a couple nights before the tour starts. Wbu? You both sound like very seasoned contiki travellers already! I’m sure this will be my first of many if its as good as it sounds! Ohh thats cool! What are you planning on doing in Aussie for the year? Work/study?

• 16 Sep 2013 Kelly said

Kelly

I think I arrive the day of the meeting from perth so I won’t be staying in the hotel before hand. I’m guessing we will loose/gain people once we get to Cairns. I’m seriously dreading this heat haaa I’m from freezing Ireland, got off the plane from Italy there and it’s 10 degrees! :-O Yes i doubt this will be your last contiki, i just finished an american one and it was awesome. Ive just graduated so for oz I’m getting the travelling out of the way then I will just get a job in Sydney I think. Really want to go to New Zealand too. What are you doing after the Contiki?

• 16 Sep 2013 Kelly said

Kelly

I think I arrive the day of the meeting from perth so I won’t be staying in the hotel before hand. I’m guessing we will loose/gain people once we get to Cairns. I’m seriously dreading this heat haaa I’m from freezing Ireland, got off the plane from Italy there and it’s 10 degrees! :-O Yes i doubt this will be your last contiki, i just finished an american one and it was awesome. Ive just graduated so for oz I’m getting the travelling out of the way then I will just get a job in Sydney I think. Really want to go to New Zealand too. What are you doing after the Contiki?f

• 16 Sep 2013 Kelly said

Kelly

I think I arrive the day of the meeting from perth so I won’t be staying in the hotel before hand. I’m guessing we will loose/gain people once we get to Cairns. I’m seriously dreading this heat haaa I’m from freezing Ireland, got off the plane from Italy there and it’s 10 degrees! :-O Yes i doubt this will be your last contiki, i just finished an american one and it was awesome. Ive just graduated so for oz I’m getting the travelling out of the way then I will just get a job in Sydney I think. Really want to go to New Zealand too. What are you doing after the Contiki?

• 16 Sep 2013 Kelly said

Kelly

• 16 Sep 2013 Kelly said

Kelly

Ops didnt mean to send that so many times.

• 19 Sep 2013 Jonasnz said

Jonasnz

Haha you should be looking forward to it! Mind you Darwin is probably going to be a bit over the top heat wise.. But the East Coast should be sweet. Oh that’s cool, what did you study? I finished a degree in biology/marine science at the end of last year. Been having a bit of gap year this year just working. Hopefully going back to uni next year to get my teachers degree which is only 1 extra year.. You will have to make it over to New Zealand at some stage! It’s just across the ditch so you can normally get flights on the cheap. I live in Auckland so will be able to give you some destination advice lol. After the tour I’m planning to stay in Sydney at the Contiki hotel for an extra couple of nights and that’s about it so far. Maybe I’ll stay a lil bit longer or head home after that. Wbu?

• 19 Sep 2013 kelly_m said

kelly_m

I’ll come see you guys when you get to sydney :) haha

• 20 Sep 2013 Jonasnz said

Jonasnz

Haha awesome! Local knowledge for the win. Hope America is treating you well :)

• 5 Oct 2013 kelly_m said

kelly_m

I just got home from america last night, so miserable now. I have post-holiday depression and am now counting the days until this trip!

• 6 Oct 2013 Jonasnz said

Jonasnz

Ohh that sucks but not long to go now really! How was America??

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.