Community_discussions_small  

Question

The Big Walkabout, Start Darwin 27th November

20 Aug 2013 Jonasnz asked

Jonasnz

Is anyone going on this trip? Am travelling solo and would be keen to add a few extra nights on at the end in Sydney. Wondering if anyone else has similar plans??

• 6 Oct 2013 kelly_m said

kelly_m

yes it’s quite close now, exciting! america was amazing, i had the greatest time. keen to go back there and do some more contiki tours lol

• 8 Oct 2013 Jonasnz said

Jonasnz

Haha typical.. America is definitely somewhere I want to go at some stage.. When are you getting to Darwin?

• 8 Oct 2013 Roos said

Roos

Hello, I also doing the Big walkabout, startting in Darwin! I’ll fly nov. 26 from Melbourne to Darwin, and I’ll stay one night before the trip at the: Travelodge Mirambeena Hotel. I’m all the way from Holland, so when My englisch is not so good, please tell me! :P
    This is My first time traveling alone, so I’ll would like to keep in touch with you till the trip..

• 8 Oct 2013 kelly_m said

kelly_m

welcome roos! looking forward to this tour, it’s great to find some travelmates :)

i am already seriously considering a trip back to the states to do the grand northern tour jonasnz lol, i can’t get enough of the place! i get to darwin on November 26, have one night booked at the travelodge beforehand

• 8 Oct 2013 kelly_m said

kelly_m

there is also now a facebook group for the tour for anyone who wants to join

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bigwalkaboutoutbackadventure27nov13/

• 11 Oct 2013 Jonasnz said

Jonasnz

Hello Roos! That’s cool, its my first trip solo as well! Looking forward to it, not long to go now! What are your plans after the tour ends?

Haha where about’s in America did you get to go on your last trip Kelly? Ahh I see I am probably going to have to revert back to Facebook usage soon… lol.

• 11 Oct 2013 kelly_m said

kelly_m

i did the southern adventure tour, it goes from LA to New Orleans, went to Vegas, Grand Canyon, Durango, Albuquerque, Amarillo, Dallas and Memphis also. So awesome, definitely recommend it but probably doing the full tour, grand southern, that goes all the way to New York. It sucked saying goodbye to everyone half way through – which is going to be the same problem i have on this tour lol :(

• 11 Oct 2013 Roos said

Roos

Hi Jonas! I’ll already fly This tuesday oct. 15 to Australia, to My family in Melbourne. So the end of the tour I just stay 1 night in Sydney and than fly back to Melbourne the next day.. How long do you wanna stay in Sydney?

Jonasnz

Haha mean! Did you win anything in Vegas?? Will see how this Contiki goes but it will probably be a toss up between America or Europe for my next destination.. True but we will see you in Sydney again right?!

Oh thats cool Roos! Does your family live there? I am staying an extra 2 nights in Sydney after the tour now but no longer at the contiki hotel. I think the hotel I am staying at is relatively close though..

• 11 Oct 2013 kelly_m said

kelly_m

Haha no, no winnings from vegas. I found a payout receipt from playing the pokies at New York New York at 3am one morning and I have no memory of it, exactly like the hangover haha. Both america and europe are great in different ways. I did European Contrats with contiki a year ago and that tour was one of the best experiences of my life. I will definitely catch up with everyone when you reach sydney, do you know what datr you’re scheduled to arrive?

Jonasnz

Haha now that sounds like a good time!! Recreate the hangover is also on my list.. lol. Um the tour finishes on the 20th Dec but I think we spend a couple of nights there so must be like the 18th or something.. Do you live quite centrally?

• 12 Oct 2013 Roos said

Roos

My family lives nearby Melbourne.. And I’ll stay there after the tour another 4 months..

• 12 Oct 2013 kelly_m said

kelly_m

I live about 30mins out of the city, really easy drive or train ride so will be able to come catch up with you once you reach sydney. I will make sure to keep those days free :)

• 14 Oct 2013 Jonasnz said

Jonasnz

Oh wow, awhile then roos! Have you been to Australia before?

Sweet! Looking forward to it :)

• 14 Oct 2013 Roos said

Roos

Yes, i’ve been to Australia when I was 2 years old and the last time was in 2006.. Then I was with My parents and brothers by My family. But now I became 21, I got a ticket for My birthday from My aunt, so I can go by My self!
    And I’m very excited now, because I already fly Tomorrow!! :)

• 14 Oct 2013 kelly_m said

kelly_m

Ahh tomorrow, so soon! Have a safe flight :)

• 15 Oct 2013 Jonasnz said

Jonasnz

Haha awesome! Travelling by yourself will definitely be a different experience. Have you ever made it to New Zealand? Have a safe trip!

• 17 Oct 2013 Roos said

Roos

I’ve never been to New Zealand before.. Maybe it’s an option to go there for a week..

• 21 Oct 2013 Jonasnz said

Jonasnz

Haha yeah you could come and visit me! :)

• 21 Oct 2013 kelly_m said

kelly_m

new zealand is such a pretty place. i havent been there for ages though, maybe that’s where my next contiki should be! :P

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.