Community_discussions_small  

Question

The Big Walkabout, Start Darwin 27th November

20 Aug 2013 Jonasnz asked

Jonasnz

Is anyone going on this trip? Am travelling solo and would be keen to add a few extra nights on at the end in Sydney. Wondering if anyone else has similar plans??

• 25 Oct 2013 Jonasnz said

Jonasnz

Hahaha will this be contiki number 100 or 101 Kelly? Ohh my travel documents arrived the other day! In a snazzy travel wallet! Woop woop! Not long to go now!

• 28 Oct 2013 katej said

katej

Hiya everyone I’m also doing the full trip! Departing from England on the 23rd of November! And staying in a hostel just down the road from the contiki hotel in Darwin for 2 nights. Has anyone had a look at the extra activities that we can take part in? There are so many that I want to do!! Hope you don’t mind if I follow you all on here can’t wait to meet you all :)

• 28 Oct 2013 kellym777 said

kellym777

haha jonas it will actually only be contiki number 99 :P

welcome kate! I want to do all the extras! I’m only doing the part of the tour to Alice Springs but all of those optional extras look good. what are your plans after the tour? :)

• 28 Oct 2013 katej said

katej

Hi Kelly M I no I want to do as many as possible just not the jumping out of a plain ones lol I’m so scared of heights!! Iv booked in to a hostel in Sydney for two weeks after the tour I’m wanting to stay there over Xmas an new year!! Then I’m wanting to travel around and maybe find a job so I can stay the whole year! I was reading an artical about a guy who just left home an traveled around the world for 5 years visiting every where in the world would love to do that but will see how long my money lasts haha!! Not sure I could afford the 125,000 it cost him!! What are your plans and when do you arrive in Darwin? :)

kellym777

oh yeah there is no way anyone would get me to jump out of a plane haha. a friend of mine has done this tour before and she recommended doing the cage of death in darwin but i don’t know if I could do it!!
    that’s awesome, I live in Sydney so I’m happy to be a tour guide for your time there hehe. the other Kelly in this discussion is also planning to live in Sydney after the trip.
    I would love to travel for 5 years but that is an awful lot of money to spend!! i guess the experience would probably make it worth it though.
    Have you done contiki before?

• 28 Oct 2013 Roos said

Roos

Welcome Kate! I like almost al the extra’s, so I hope we can do a lot of them.. Is this your first solo trip to?

• 28 Oct 2013 katej said

katej

The cage of death was something I wanted to do actually it looks amazing and when are you going to get chance to do anything like that!! Well it’s a little easier for you haha!! Aww that would be amazing!! I’m a typical dizzy blonde so will defiantly get lost where ever I go haha!! It’s the first time iv traveled son I’m scared but excited I’m sure it will be amazing :)) you have done a few yours Havnt you? I was nosy and read some of the other comments lol what are the tours actually like?

• 28 Oct 2013 katej said

katej

Hi roos yeah they all look amazing don’t they!! :) i got so excited reading about them all!! Just can’t wait to get there now I’m dreaming of the sun shine it’s so cold and rainy here :( your there already Arnt you? yeah this is my first solo trip so iv got mixed feelings but mainly excited!! What are your plans after the tour? :)

kellym777

it would be an experience I just don’t know if I have the confidence to do it hahaha.. guess I still have a month to decide! Yeah we can definitely hang out, though I can’t promise I won’t get us lost anyway haha. This will be my 4th contiki, I have absolutely loved all of them. just started looking into 4 possibles for europe in late 2014/2015.. I really can’t get enough lol. They are very on the go, usually a lot of travelling time on the bus but at the end of it you don’t really think about that, more about all the places you saw. My europe one we were like one big family, I loved it and I am still very close with people off all of my other 3 trips :)

• 28 Oct 2013 Roos said

Roos

Yes, I’m in Australia already, in skye, thats nearby Melbourne. I’m staying with My family who lives here. the weather here is also not that good, but it Will be beter next week. I Will arrive in darwin 26th november, and after the trip I Will stay an extra night in Sydney. Then i’ll go back to family again to celebrate christmas, and we Will go for new years eve to the second house from My family in airlie beach (Queensland).

• 30 Oct 2013 katej said

katej

Hiya Kelly aww I think you should do it!! :) I’ll probably need a kick up the bum to do it lol but I’m sure I will!! Hanging out. Would be fab!! Wow you sound like you have been everywhere!! Bet you have some good stories to tell!! I’m very jel!

Roos you lucky thinkg Xmas an new year with family sounds amazing!! What’s Melbourne like? It’s some where I’m not planning of going to. At the moment but some people have told me it’s a must visit destination . Just can’t wait to get out there now time seems to be going so slow now though :(

• 30 Oct 2013 Roos said

Roos

Melbourne is a Nice big city.. It’s Nice to visit, there are a lot of restaurants en pubs.. But I don’t think it Will be very different from al the other city’s we are gonna visit in our trip..
    I Will be visit airlie beach 3 times while I’m in Australia.. I go there 19th till 24th november, we Will go there in our trip and we Will go there the end of december for new year! :)

You’re from England katej? How long do you fly? I’m from Holland so I think it wil be an our of 2 longer from England..

• 31 Oct 2013 kellym777 said

kellym777

I’ll push you into the tank if you want kate… but then I will run away so no one can do the same to me! :P I will be an honorary contiki tour manager and show you the sites haha. yeah I have some crazy stories from my tours, so much fun :)

Only 3 and a half weeks to go!!

• 31 Oct 2013 katej said

katej

Hey roos it still sounds good so I might make my way over there :))
    I’m not actually sure about my flight roos I’m trying to no as little as possible about the time etc at the min I hate flying I get really scared an bored after a couple if hours I’m landing at. Kuala Lumpur airport. For a few hours then getting on another plain to Darwin I’m dreading the flight over in my own!! How was your flight?

Hey Kelly haha I no your plan now missy so will no to pull you in with me haha I’m sure we can brave to cage of death together!! :)) aww you will have to tell me about it all!! On the trip hopefully I’ll get the traveling bug to :)) have you ever been to Australia zoo? It’s some where I really want to go just wondering if it will live up to my expectations? I’m starting to get really excited now!! Was pretty scared to begin with but now I’m so looking forward to it!! :)) have you got any insider knowledge on what to take with me? Are you talking walking boots an a rain coat? I’m sure iv read that we need these!! I need to go shopping if we do!!

• 31 Oct 2013 kellym777 said

kellym777

haha nooo there will be no pulling me in! i’ll think about it lol. so many good memories from my contiki’s, im sure we will make more on this tour too! no ive never been to the zoo. ive never been north of surfers paradise, i’d really like to see it though, all of the beaches up there are meant to be beautiful. not many days left now – i have a countdown on my phone :) walking boots and rain coat will be good, its the wet season in the northern territory so it is partial to a 5 minute downpour now and again. it’s also going to be VERY hot so I would pack mainly shorts and t-shirts, though nights can still get cold so do bring long pants and a jacket.

• 31 Oct 2013 Roos said

Roos

When you’re in Australia why not?!

I flew 6 hours from germany to abu dahbi, had a stop for 2 hours and then I flew from abu dahbi to Melbourne in 12/13 hours.. It was a long sit, and I could not sleep, but I suvived! :P
    with which society you’ll fly? In most of the plains you got you’re own tv screen and you can watch movies and play games, so then you can amuse you..

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion