Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Berlin, Prague, & Vienna

21 Nov 2010 Thatxgrrrl said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone. I was considering doing the Berlin & Prague, plus Vienna tour in Jan 2011 and was wondering if anyone had done it before, specifically in winter. I would love to hear thoughts on this tour and would also love to know just how cold it gets. Thanks!
  • 11 Jan 2011 Explorer1178368 said

Default_avatar

hi there i havent done that tour but i have been to all three cities and i must say they are all amazing cities particually berlin

• 26 May 2011 Ellé said

Default_avatar

Hi Thatxgrrrl, I was just wondering if you ended up going on the Berlin, Prague & Vienna tour? I’m thinking of doing the same tour over xmas/new years and wanted to know how you found it? Thanks :-)

• 26 May 2011 Thatxgrrrl said

Default_avatar

Hi Ellé, yes I did end up doing to the tour (actually did Berlin to Budapest, which is the same tour only with Budapest added on) and I LOVED it!!! I did it in January, just after the holidays and could tell that being there over Xmas/ New Year’s would be even more amazing with all the holiday markets and lights. The cities are beautiful and this particular tour gives you a lot of time—and free time—in each city (although I personally would have preferred one less day in Prague and one extra day in Vienna). It can get a bit cold snow/rainy during that time of they year, but turns out it was colder in NYC (where I live) than in most of those cities. Just get yourself a good winter coat. I definitely recommend that tour. Let me know if you have any more questions. And if you go, send Berlin my love! :)

• 26 May 2011 Ellé said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the quick reply :-) Yeah, I did a tour over the xmas/new years break, I can’t rmbr what it was called, but was all around Europe – absolutely loved it! And the weather didn’t bother me at all. I fell in love with all the places – some more than others. I really want to go and see more places that I’ll fall in love with – thanks for your help :-) Any places that I must see in your opinion?

• 27 May 2011 Thatxgrrrl said

Default_avatar

Berlin—overall-is just a great city. The Contiki walking tour of the city is one of the best I’ve ever been on. The guide (think his name was Nikoli) was so good. There’s a great area on a street called Katsinache Alle that’s very similar to the East Village in NYC. Very funky, lots of cool stores and bars and some fantastic street art and graffiti. Prague was a bit oversold for me. It’s gorgeous, but very touritsy. If you like music, go see the John Lennon wall. Definitely worth it if your a Beatles fan. Around the corner from there is the “Love Locks” gate, which is also pretty cool. Vienna was prolly my favorite aesthetically. It had a nice blend of Prague “old world” and Berlin contemporary. Do the Schnapps tour. It’s a lot of fun. Also check out the flagship Swarovski store. It’s almost like a museum. And the Praterdome, if you like clubs. If you do the tour with Budapest too, check out the underground caves and the baths. And if you drink, be sure to have some Uniscom. I hope this helps. If I can give you any more info, just let me know. :)

• 17 Sep 2012 Megan Alyse Munch said

Megan Alyse Munch

Thank you so much!! :) Much appreciated.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.