Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Eastern Med. Cruising 2010

8 Nov 2009 rockstar said

Default_avatar
Hey everyone! We booked this one last year but it was cancelled by the cruise line. Looks like the trip is back on for next summer though!

Anyone else thinking about it?
  • 11 Nov 2009 Dan said

Default_avatar

I was looking at this last year too. For the stops in Egypt and Israel though, I want to know how much time we would be spending there. I don’t know all that much about cruising and how long docking is typically for.

• 15 Nov 2009 JF said

JF

I was kind of interested in this tour as well, but I’m not sure how popular it would be?

• 17 Nov 2009 Migwell said

Default_avatar

I am very interested in this cruise too. I think there would be quite a bit of interest in this cruise.

• 19 Nov 2009 msjunglist said

Default_avatar

hi! i too am super-close to paying for this cruise but am trying to further research to figure out if this is the way to go for me and my posse Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> i did find that the ship is called the christal, and here is an itinerary for the cruise itself that u may find helpful…i’m also trying to figure out if the few hours we’re docked in each city is enough time to not feel “cheated”

Day Port of call Arrival Departure

Fri Piraeus(Athens), Greece 11:00
    Sat Istanbul, Turkey 09:00 19:00
    Sun Mykonos, Greece 15:00 22:00
    Mon At Sea
    Tue Ashdod, Israel 07:00 20:00
    Wed Port Said, Egypt 06:00 07:30
    Wed Alexandria, Egypt 17:30 20:30
    Thu Ay. Nikolaos(Crete), Greece 16:30 20:00
    Fri Piraeus(Athens), Greece 08:00

• 28 Nov 2009 carajean said

carajean

I am booked for this trip in August. I actually was on the cristal this past summer and it was really nice

• 8 Dec 2009 KrisAU said

KrisAU

Hey All!

Im booked on the 26th August 2010.

Anyone booked on the same trip yet?

It will be my 3rd Contiki back to back as Im doing 4 in a row for 69 days.

• 18 Dec 2009 Explorer1157098 said

Default_avatar

Hi all, I have booked the cruise with my partner departing on Apr 22nd.

• 25 Dec 2009 Scarlettaa said

Scarlettaa

Hi Everybody! I’ve booked this tour for July 28,2010..I was wondering if there was anybody out there going on this same tour..please let me know! Thanks :-)

• 11 Jan 2010 Topgun007 said

Topgun007

Hi

This cruise look very interesting. Initially i was interested in the ‘Spain, Portugal and Morocco’ tour by Trafalgar. Contiki doesnt offer that one but at least Contiki gives one the chance to be amongst people of the same age group.

This tour seems to be a good combination of culture and relaxation. I don’t however see Istanbul featured at all which is strange!

I’m looking at booking for August/September…

• 12 Jan 2010 Judy said

Default_avatar

I definatley want to do this trip. I can’t decide if I should go in late July or August. When is everyone else going?

• 14 Jan 2010 amelia_11 said

Default_avatar

September 23rd anyone?
    Amelia Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Jan 2010 Topgun007 said

Topgun007

Im planning for September 23 – although from what I’ve read that is pretty close to winter where many tourist places close shop particularly in Mykonos and Santorini…On the plus side those places will be quieter as the peak period is July/August which means less crowds and cheaper prices! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 27 Jan 2010 Party Animal said

Default_avatar

booked for the 26th of August. Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 28 Jan 2010 primaballrina03 said

Default_avatar

Me and two of my friend were thinking about the September 8 2010 tour. Anyone else interested?

• 29 Jan 2010 NatalieNY said

NatalieNY

Hey, I’m doing the Aug 26th tour as well.
    Natalie Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 1 Feb 2010 Bree said

Default_avatar

Im thinking of travelling alone, how many others are doing the same. Planning on the Aug 26!

• 8 Feb 2010 Explorer1167588 said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,
    I’m still in the process of deciding if i should book for may 19th…….I’d be traveling alone. My concern is about the amount of countries in 7 days……it’s a bit crazy, however, at least i won’t be bored…..I just hope there is enough time in each country to really enjoy it……….Anyone planning on going on the same days….?

• 11 Feb 2010 Explorer1167588 said

Default_avatar

anyone for May 19th?

• 11 Feb 2010 Jen610 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone,
    Come on the Aug 26th tour!
    We have a separate forum for those of you who are booked in or thinking about it Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Feb 2010 PaulSTL said

Default_avatar
    posted by Scarletta Athena:
    Hi Everybody! I’ve booked this tour for July 28,2010..I was wondering if there was anybody out there going on this same tour..please let me know! Thanks :-)[/QUOTE

4 of just booked this trip for the same date. Looking forward to it…can’t get here fast enough. Going by yourself or group of you?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion