Community_discussions_small  

Question

Chocolate factory in Dunedin?

22 Aug 2013 caja13 asked

caja13

I'm looking at the Sweet As South Tour and was wondering how much free time you get in Dunedin? I see that there is an included brewery tour but was hoping to go visit the chocolate factory which my friend has recommended. Anyone been?

• 22 Aug 2013 Timbo88 said

Timbo88

Hi Caja, I am unsure if it is not one mentioned on the website as sometimes they don’t include optionals on there until you get your contiki pack. Go to a website called Hey Nadine, she is a travel blogger for contiki and they went to the chocolate factory when she went there. Not sure about how much free time. Im doing sweet as south reverse beginning October 1 so can let you know

• 24 Aug 2013 caja13 said

caja13

Thank you. Looks like it was an optional when ‘Hey Nadine’ was touring but it currently isn’t listed on the Contiki website.
    When I did a tour in the USA a few years back all the optionals listed in my Contiki pack were the same as the website. I just booked in a few extra things on my own.
    I look forward to hearing about your thoughts on the tour in October :)

• 3 Sep 2013 Dan_NZ said

Dan_NZ

Hey i done this in Jan 2012 and the chocolate factory was included, there isnt really much free time in dunedin between visiting Baldwin St, Chocolate Factory, Speights Brewery and a Dinner. Not much else to see there though to be honest :)

• 16 Sep 2013 kels_0892 said

kels_0892

Hey, I did this tour in May & as Dan said you don’t have much spare time in Dunedin. We stopped at the Cadbury factory after we’d been to Baldwin St but didn’t spend much time there. We only had about 15 minutes to look around in the store they have, so not enough time to do a tour & you arrive in Dunedin too late to do the last factory tour of the day anyways, then you leave at like 8am the next morning so can’t do it that day either, coz i wanted to do the tour but didn’t have time!

• 21 Sep 2013 MATTHEW said

MATTHEW

Depends on the tour guide our tour guide booked as in for the tour

• 14 May 2014 RusselGrand said

Default_avatar

In this way we could actually learn things that would be needed for something that we may really know about. – David Slone

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion