Community_discussions_small  

Question

Hair dryers?

14 May 2010 Megan610 asked

Megan610
hey!
I am going on the Euro Magic/superior tour and I was wondering if it would be worth it to pack my own hair dryer.
Do the hotels supply them in the rooms? If so, are they any good?
I am trying to save room in my suitcase and wondering if it is worth the weight haha!
Thank you!
  • 15 May 2010 Kimberley said

Kimberley

Im going on Euro Encounter Tour (16 days) in July and i have brought a little travel hairdryer. It folds up so doesn’t take up much room at all and has 2 speed settings so its not too bad. You can pick them up pretty cheap.

• 15 May 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

Most of the hotels do not have hairdryers, bring your own. Maybe get a travel size one.

• 15 May 2010 Megan610 said

Megan610

that’s a good idea… thank you!

• 20 May 2010 Explorer1137021 said

Default_avatar

hey,
    I was having this problem especially because I have curly hair and need a diffuser to make it look tolerable however my prayers have been answered haha. I have found a mini hair dryer with a mini diffuser! I live in Canada and found it in Walmart for about $20. They also had a mini hair straightener which I use for my bangs…trust me I was having hair drama about this vacation until this trip to Walmart. I haven’t actually used them and I am sure the quality is not great but they are mini!!!

• 24 May 2010 TBiv82 said

Default_avatar

I have been thinking about what to do also. Last time I was in Europe, I brought a hair dryer and used a power adapter/converter and it nearly caught on fire. I bought a better converter this time, but am just thinking about buying a hair dryer once I get to Ireland so it will be the correct outlet/wattage. You think I should do this?

• 24 May 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

A lot of the newer ones have a voltage switch on them – at least in the US they do.

• 25 May 2010 COURTNEY21 said

Default_avatar

they have they adapt to international voltage as do ghd straitghteners

• 29 May 2010 likeaflower said

likeaflower

Both our hotels in London & Paris had hair dryers, I think most hotels do.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.