Community_discussions_small  

Question

Meet and talk about travelling solo on Contiki?

26 Aug 2013 sarahc.95 asked

sarahc.95

Hey my name is Sarah and I was thinking about going on Contiki some time next year however I will be travelling alone and was wondering if anyone else was thinking of doing the same or had any advice they would like to share :)

• 26 Aug 2013 Flo said

Flo

Hi there! I have travelled to USA on two different tours with a different tour company solo and had the most amazing time! You get to know people really quickly and make friends quickly. I chatted with some girls before I left on facebook and on forums and actually met one at the airport in the UK so we flew over to LA together. On the other occasion I met the other girl in NY in the hotel. It is quite exciting to travel alone as you are bound to make so many memories and friends along the way. I was always worried if I would find the right airport terminal when I got to my destination and taxis and things like that but from experience I just asked around staff who worked in the airports and they directed me! Which tour are you thinking of? I wouldn’t hesitate, it is so much fun! :)

• 27 Aug 2013 Nabz said

Nabz

hi there. im also thinking of travelling solo to europe next year. i have never been anywhere alone so i am a little scared. what tour do you plan on doing?

• 27 Aug 2013 Flo said

Flo

I am looking into doing a tour in Australia- Beaches and Reef in August next year. Honestly, it does sound daunting but it is really fun. I was like you and didn’t like the thought of travelling alone, but tbh the only bit of travelling alone is on the plane and then when you get to the resort you meet poeple and when you start tour you are not alone as most people are in the same boat, travelling solo etc :)

• 27 Aug 2013 LAILA said

Default_avatar

Hi, im doing the european discovery tour. Tour starts in 2 days. Travelling solo. Nervous & excited!!

• 28 Aug 2013 Nabz said

Nabz

Hi Laila. i see that your south african aswell. when did you book this tour? everythings going to be really expensive with our bad exchange rate…sigh. let me know how it is. i want to do a tour in summer next year

• 3 Sep 2013 Lawrence said

Lawrence

Im thinking of doing the same a bit scary though leaving your country on your own though hey haha

• 14 Sep 2013 Simmo said

Simmo

It does seem daunting at first but im a veteran of 5 solo contiki tours over a few years, through Europe, USA & New Zealand. Had an amazing time on each one & met heaps of great ppl along the way. Just get amongst it , you will make friends real quick & you wont feel like your solo at all.

• 15 Sep 2013 Grace said

Grace

I am 21 and I am looking into doing a contiki next year solo, what date were you looking into going and for how long?

• 18 Sep 2013 amybedwell said

amybedwell

Hey Doll (: I’m freshly 22 and will be travelling solo and as part of Contiki around Europe next year! Im also stopping over for a week in Los Angeles which should be awesome. Im doing the European Trail Tour leaving London on August 16th! You should definitely check it out (:

• 19 Sep 2013 LAILA said

Default_avatar

Hey, i just got back from contiki european discovery tour (11 sept). Travelled solo. Knew no one. Had an awesome time. Made alot of friends. You bond with everyone. I didnt share a room so i didnt even have a room mate. I just joined everyone. Its true what they say: theres no regrets with the contiki experience. If time allows i would def do another contiki tour next year. My advice- just do it :-)

• 20 Sep 2013 Enayaa said

Enayaa

Anyone going on the Mykonos tour from September 22 – 30 ?

• 21 Sep 2013 Cally said

Cally

Hey guys! I’m planning on doing a Euro tour solo next year as well :) I actually did a uni exchange program to Canada for 6 months last year and was literally packin it. However, like Flo I became friends with a couple people (one of them now being my closest friend) before I even left, and I ended up spending New Years Eve in NY Times Square with them before heading to Canada. I’m so excited to do it alone, to me it seems more care free…you don’t have to reassure yourself all the time that the person you came with is enjoying it.

• 23 Sep 2013 jess said

jess

I did a USA tour in aug by myself and had an absolute ball… and you have no choice but to make new friends which isn’t hard cause half the tour was traveling solo
    I have just put my deposit on European whirl 8th sept 14 am planning on traveling with 2 friends this time but they cant book til next year so may be another solo trip for me :)

• 16 Oct 2013 amylouise93 said

amylouise93

Hey Sarah (and everyone else)! I’m 20 and am doing Europe next year, and will most likely be travelling solo! Do you know what tour you want to do yet? I’m looking at the London to Athens in May – looking to book this week!

• 16 Oct 2013 Nici said

Nici

Hi all

I’m 22 years old and Booked the European Highlights Tour with the London Explorer before that for the 2nd of June 2014, also going solo, was super scared at first but now I am sooooo excited!!
    Anyone going on the Highlights tour??

• 20 Oct 2013 StacyK11 said

StacyK11

Hey Everyone

I’m 22 and I went on a Contiki to Europe solo this year and absolutely loved it. Everyone is super friendly and you get to know people so quickly, plus it really gives you a chance to get to know yourself. I’m planning on doing the Southern Trail in June 2014, and I’m definitely going solo again…its a really fun, interesting way to travel. Also, lots of people are in the same position so you wont feel like an outcast ;)

• 23 Oct 2013 Poi said

Poi

Hey :) I’ve booked the European Whirl your for June 27th year also travelling solo, seems scary being across the world alone but hopefully meet alot of people :)

• 23 Oct 2013 DevinStones said

DevinStones

Hey!
    I went Solo on the European Discovery tour back in Feb/Mar of 2012 and had the best time of my life. I would actually recommend going solo because there is nothing to hold you back from any new experience. You really do meet the best people in the world. They all have the same ideas as you and just want to have a fun time experiencing new things. My trip also inspired me to go back to school and get my masters in Tourism Management. I’ll be graduating in May and I hope to work for a company just like Contiki. So, don’t be afraid to go Solo….it was the best decision of my life. Have fun and bon voyage!

• 24 Oct 2013 andiee_xo said

Default_avatar

Hey !
    Im doing it more than likely solo to europe as well in July/August :)
    Would you be interested in doing it together :)
    x

• 24 Oct 2013 BrookemarleySA said

BrookemarleySA

I have booked the easy rider tour for may 13th and im doing it alone, i personally cant wait. I have traveled a fair bit but never alone and never europe so will be really different

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion