Community_discussions_small  

Question

Places to stay in Sydney

31 Aug 2013 Meg asked

Meg

Hey! Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay in Sydney? I'm staying a few days after my tour, & have no idea what the good areas are!

• 31 Aug 2013 Maik said

Maik

It depends on your budget and what type of person you are.
    E.g. Kings Cross/Potts Point have lots of bars and night clubs. Hotels at the CBD have a good connectivity to public transport and the AirportLink, but can be expensive. You can find many hostels around the Central station.
    The official Contiki hotel for tours starting in Sydney is the Holiday Inn Potts Point.

Oh and I believe we are on the same tour (at least for the Northern Territory part) :-)

• 11 Sep 2013 Ben said

Ben

I’d say avoid the cross if you can its pretty bad.

• 8 Oct 2013 annabel_walsh said

annabel_walsh

Definitely not the cross look around central area for hostels or websites for cheap hotels :)

• 18 Oct 2013 Explorer1087846 said

Default_avatar

I recommend the Bondi area. If you dont mind a hostel, then there is a hostel in Bondi that is small but close to Bondi Beach with Cafe and shopping strip near by. You will not be spending much time in your room so I suggest to book a hostel thru hostels.com/hostel.com?? and get a place to shower, sleep, and be on your way. I do recommend taking a lock and chain to lock up your items in case you dont have access to a locker area. I didnt stay at Bondi hostel, but I passed by it. My friend that lives in Sydney said her friends have stayed there and that it was okay. Its an adventure and you will meet cool people more likely your age. Most hostel also have a kitchen, which you can go grocery shopping then make your own meals there for less money. Its a fun adventure to try out. You just have to be open minded.

• 18 Oct 2013 Explorer1087846 said

Default_avatar

Or stay in Dee Why, Narraweena (cute suburb) and super safe.

• 30 Oct 2013 MsJQ said

Default_avatar

Coogee is also a nice place to stay and a little less touristy then Bondi. There are a couple of decent backpackers in that area. Depending on when you stay the Coogee Hotel may also be an affordable option although I reccomend paying a bit extra for a room this isn’t above the bar if you plan on getting any sleep.

• 2 Nov 2013 eh4947 said

eh4947

I think it definetly depends on your budget and what you prefer to do. Kings Cross has the reputation for what it is, so if you just want to party and go clubbing it is a stones throw from all the clubs but yes, it is a pretty dodgy area overall but in saying that is safer now because the cops always patrol on big nights… But if you would rather just catch public transport to other city locations, Central is way better as there are loads of Hostels and you can get everywhere by bus. Otherwise I would say hotels because they’re way nicer but obviously way more expensive

• 30 Nov 2013 austin2013 said

Default_avatar

Appropriate to say depends on the budget and how you able to manage your stay in Hostel or luxurious hotels around Sydney.

~Austin

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.