Community_discussions_small  

Question

To Contiki, or not to Contiki?

25 Jan 2009 AKrygiel asked

AKrygiel
I'm graduating from University this coming spring, and I'm looking to do a 2-2.5 month European trip over the summer of 2010. A Contiki may, or may not be a part of my trip. I'm trying to figure out whether a Contiki is for me or not. I know this forum might be a little Contiki-Bias, but I'm looking for as much info i can get!

Should I start with a solid 10-13 day Contiki before taking off on my own, or should I just go for it and start the whole thing off with nothing but a backpack, trainpass and a couple hostel bookings?!

I'm planning on using the Contiki as a starting point, getting my feet wet in the whole scene before taking off on my own. Has anyone else done this? Is it worth it? I'm kind of worried about how organized Contikis seem. Are most days planned out from start to finish?

All in all, my Contiki would end up being the first 10 or so days of my 2 month long trip trip, from people who have done this before, did the Contiki give you anything different then people you met, who just went straight to it? I'm still in the beginning stages of my planning, let me know what you think!

Alex.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion