Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Spanish Spree - Sept 2007

12 Sep 2007 Voodoo Child said

Voodoo Child
Smiler Hi all. A friend and I are joining this tour end of Sept. From Australia and just trying to work out the best way to organise funds. How much should I bring, in what form. eg. Travellers Cheques, Cash, Credit. Headed to London/ Wales afterwards so totally clueless about how much everything is going to cost. Also scared about being mugged. he he he Confused help me!
  • 12 Sep 2007 Yates said

Default_avatar

im soo jelous your goin on this tour.. i just got bak.. FKN awesome.!!! mugged.. yeh be cautious coz those that arent cautious are the ones that are targeted.. you will be fine.. moeny.. hmm i spent bout.. AUD $2000. maybe a lilmore.. but with that i got anything i wanted.. ibiz alone i spent a **** load but its sooo worth it// bring sum warm clothes.. i was their is peak summer and it rained sum days. dont bring travellers cheques.. i used a travellex card. sorta like a bank card.. but cheaper fees. i only withdrew money out 3 times… i kept it in the safe.. DONT bring your passport with you seriously.. leave it in the sfe.. its alot more safer.. i met 3 ppl that were pit pocketed.. good bye passsport. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    have fun and run a muk!

• 12 Sep 2007 Voodoo Child said

Voodoo Child

Thanks Yatesy! Glad to hear u had a great time! Totally scared of being mugged… i must live a sheltered life because it just seems absurd to me but hey… Razzer<!--graemlin::p--> i was thinking AUD $2000 should cover me for Spain but you reckon if I go easy it wont cost that much ? Be nice because UK is soooo expensive. Do all hotels have safe and do you trust them.. Gees… I sound paranoid. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 12 Sep 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

Have you looked into getting a pacsafe bag? They are fantastic. Slash proof and snatch proof. If you wear skirts I have seen from other companies a leg pouch for your stuff like a garter.

I was told by a very well traveled person to leave your pass port and other credit cards and stuff in the hotel safe either at the front desk or in your room.

I also purchased a portable safe from pacsafe as well. you can anchor it to anything that cant be moves like a bathroom sink or something that is too heavy to lift ect. I use it when I travel. Its also slash proof and very hard to open. This I will leave with my stuff inside the hotel safe if one is offered. DON"T do Travellers Cheques they are a hassle!! Cash and credit are fantastic and make sure to tell your bank when you are going and coming back.

You don’t want them to put a hold on your card.

About being mugged get a bag that is hard to open and keep it in front of you or the zipper facing you not your back. Just be aware of your surroundings and only cary what you think you need for the day and a back up card.

Hope that helps.

MJ

• 13 Sep 2007 Voodoo Child said

Voodoo Child

Thanks for your great advice. I guess Im just worrying about not having enough money but guess I will just use cash, credit and ATM where possible. Thankyou! Roll Eyes<!--graemlin::rolleyes:-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.