Community_discussions_small  

Question

luggage and bags on the bus.

2 Sep 2013 erin asked

erin

Hi all

I'm going on the Best of Europe - leaving Paris on the Sept 22 Departure and I just have a couple of questions about having bags on the bus.

Can u take like a carry on backpack AND a purse / handbag on the bus or only ONE bag?!

Thanks in advance :)

• 19 Sep 2013 LAILA said

Default_avatar

Hey, no worries.
    You allowed to take a back ack with you on the coach. I also had my handbag with me. I kept the backpack on the coach when we went on tours. My backpack normally had an extra t-shirt some meds n snacks n jacket. Theres not alot space to kp stuff. After shopping i would stuff my souvenoirs in backpack n then wel could not fit in the top compartment…but then i just stored it under the seat :
    The yy restrict you to 20kg for your main bag – this gets stored in the bottom of coach and is notaccessible until you check in your hotel. Also you having to constantly move luggage so you dont want a heavy bag. And you def going to shop in Paris. My main bag was 32kg wen i completed my contiki european discovery trip n my hand luggage was 8kg….thank god emirates let me board the plane back to SA.

Hope that helps.

Enjoy your trip!!

• 2 Sep 2014 Kaz said

Kaz

Thanks for that detailed answer @Laila, i did’nt ask it but its gonna help loads. Doing the Euro Whirl starting July 12 2015, and gonna spend an extra 2 days in Paris (on top of the day and a half of the trip proper) , should be fun!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.