Community_discussions_small  

Question

Travel pack or suitcase?

26 Mar 2007 kiwi_bon asked

Default_avatar
Hey guys,
I'm going on the 25 day escapade, just wondering if it's better to take a suitcase or a travel pack?
Cheers,
Bonnie
  • 26 Mar 2007 PinaI said

PinaI

I’m definitely a suitcase type of person too! Much easier to get things into/out of.

• 26 Mar 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar

I’d definitely go with suitcase…

How annoying if you want a particular shirt, and it’s at the very bottom of your bag!!!

• 27 Mar 2007 smithyana said

Default_avatar

Each to his own of course, but i’ve done contiki with a wheeled suitcase and also with a travelpack(backpack). I think the pack is much easier. They can usually stretch to fit lots of extra stuff into them and when you have to trek from the bus to your accommodation, you just put it on your back and off you go, not needing to worry about stairs/ gravel paths etc. The other reason i usually take a pack is that usually before or after my tours i travel independently, and the pack just makes it easier for me.

• 27 Mar 2007 kiwi_bon said

Default_avatar

Thanks for your input guys ! I’m thinking a suitcase would be easier, for the fact that I can get stuff out of it easier. And also a good pack costs way to much !! lol

• 1 Apr 2007 _Emma_ said

Default_avatar

I’m taking a backpack on my Contiki, as I’m traveling for a month after the tour and a backpack will be much easier for me.
    The one I’ve bought opens like a suitcase, so you don’t have to worry about what you want being stuck at the very bottom, under everthing else. It is also very comfy to wear, and I don’t have to worry about dragging it up stairs or across bumpy paths.
    I think it depends on what you feel comfortable with! I’d love to take my suitcase but know it will drive me nuts, where as my friend who’s doing a 5 month Europe holiday has taken her suitcase and it’s fine for her!

• 1 Apr 2007 Lieblingx said

Default_avatar

Keep in mind that most European hotels, hostels, etc. tend not to have lifts/elevators so a pack would be easier when you need to go up three flights of stairs.

• 1 Apr 2007 TuscanTraveler said

Default_avatar

I have the maximum size of suitcase cause I’m an idiot. But I was wondering if we’re allowed a carry on besides a shoulder pack. Like a carry on that can be left on the bus if I don’t need it. Is that acceptable to contiki rules?

• 2 Apr 2007 *CAT* said

Default_avatar

Backpack all the way! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Easier to move with. I think they are kinda funky? The young people way!

• 2 Apr 2007 TuscanTraveler said

Default_avatar

Lol, no. I was planning on just using the carry on to hold a spare jacket, shoes or socks. Not anything valuable or for entertainment purposes. Just in case the weather changes and I can’t access my luggage in the bus. The over the shoulder back pack would be for my snacks, souveneirs and camera.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion