Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Explorer mid June 2014

5 Sep 2013 chelcee asked

chelcee

Hey guys,

I'm 23 from Perth planning to do the 33 day European Explorer next year with the Greek Island cruising option. I am travelling alone, which was the main reason I decided to join a tour. Planning to take the tour that leaves in the middle of June (my travel agent said it would be around the 16th give or take a day) Anyone else planning on this tour?

• 9 Sep 2013 Bianka said

Bianka

Hi Chelcee! My name is Bianka, I am a student from Melbourne 24 and I am also planning to do the 33 European Explorer next year in June! :) I am travelling alone and it is my first time so I am a little nervous about the whole thing which is why I am on here to hopefully meet some friendly faces. I only joined like a week ago so I am still trying to figure out how this thing works but would like to get to know you before my trip and maybe we might be in Europe at the same time! Hope to hear from you soon. B

• 20 Sep 2013 chelcee said

chelcee

Hey Bianka! That sounds like a great idea, it would be funny if we are in Europe at the same time! I’m going on the European Explorer tour leaving 15th of June.. :) I also decided to go with the greek island cruising option!

• 22 Sep 2013 Bianka said

Bianka

Hey Chelcee!

• 22 Sep 2013 Bianka said

Bianka

haha, yeah that would be pretty funny, I can’t wait to do this trip it looks amazing plus the cruising option seems awesome! I am not sure exactly when I will be leaving but it will be probably after the 15th of June now due to exams!! :( Either way it is nice to meet people like yourself who are jet setters like myself ! haha :)

• 3 Oct 2013 chelcee said

chelcee

Ah that’s okay! I’m sure you’ll meet heaps of people on any tour you go on. I actually booked mine just on the weekend, so excited!

• 3 Oct 2013 chelcee said

chelcee

Ah that’s cool, I’m sure you’ll meet other solo travellers any date you book! I actually just booked mine on the weekend, really looking forward to it!

• 3 Oct 2013 Bianka said

Bianka

oh wow that’s fantastic! Congrats on booking your trip :) Hope you have an amazing time and you’re right I’m sure we will both meet some awesome people! :)

• 8 Nov 2013 lulubelle said

lulubelle

I’m booked in on the 15th of June! Can’t wait! I’ve never been on a contiki before but a few friends have and say that they loved it! :)

• 8 Nov 2013 chelcee said

chelcee

That’s great! Awesome to find someone who is going to be on the tour with me! Are you doing the greek island cruising option too?

• 8 Nov 2013 lulubelle said

lulubelle

Noo I’m doing the Mykonos option! I think we’ll be travelling so much jumping from city to City that it will be nice to stay in one place for a few nights! Are you doing Greek Island one?

• 13 Nov 2013 chelcee said

chelcee

I considered doing the Mykonos option! But then decided that I really wanted to see Santorini so went with the islands. It’s great to finally meet someone who will be on the same tour as me! I haven’t seen a whole bunch of people doing this tour yet (maybe because it’s a little more expensive.) Where are you travelling from?

chelcee

oops posted the same thing twice.

• 13 Nov 2013 lulubelle said

lulubelle

Yeah I think it’s because it’s the most expensive! I wanted to go on a longish trip around Europe but didn’t want to do the 7week ones (seems a little long) and I’ll be travelling before/after as well. I’m going with a friend of mine so it’ll just be the two of us so it’s nice to meet someone too! Add me ok Facebook, might be easier! It’s www.facebook.com/lulumaryharrison :)

chelcee

Awesome I’ll add you. :) And I know what you mean! I wanted to do the 37 day one but couldn’t get enough time off of work, and the 29 day one just didn’t go to some of the cities I wanted to go to. So went with this one!

• 10 Jan 2014 Marina said

Marina

I’m doing the European Explorer plus Mykonos leaving 15th June 2014 @lulubelle! I’m travelling solo this time round so it will be great to meet some new people. I did a contiki tour with a friend in 2012 but no one was in a position to come this year with me

• 2 Feb 2014 Lauren said

Lauren

Hi Everyone! Im doing the European Explorer plus Mykonos leaving 15th June 2014 too! I can’t wait :-)

• 4 Feb 2014 chelcee said

chelcee

Hey! Awesome to you guys are on the same tour! (Except for the Greek Islands part) When do you guys get to London?

• 5 Feb 2014 Lauren said

Lauren

I get to London on the 13th in the morning.. I’m doing the Spotlight on Greece tour before our big Contiki. Are you guys staying at the Royal National?

• 5 Feb 2014 Marina said

Marina

I arrive in London on the 13th later in the night and I’m staying at the Royal National. We could catch up on the 14th before the tour starts :-)

• 5 Feb 2014 chelcee said

chelcee

I arrive on the 13th in the morning as well, coming from Perth, Aus. :) That’s a great idea though, we should definitely catch up on the 14th! Maybe see some of the sites in London? It would probably be more fun with other people. :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion