Community_discussions_small  

Comment

First time with Contiki :)

18 Aug 2007 RedEric said

Default_avatar
Hello everyone,

I never traveled with Contiki before, but I am considering joining one of the Europe trips this September. I have a few questions that will probably interest many others like me:

1. There are so many Europe trips: European encounter, European Experience, European Impressions .... What's the difference, and which one would you recommend ?
2. From what nationalities are the people in the tours - are they are all Americans, any Europeans ?
3. I am 30 years old, will I find any of my peer, or will I be considered the grandfather of the group :-)

Blessing for those who answer Smiler
  • 18 Aug 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

Well first, all the tours are good. The differences in the tours will be variations in cities/stops and the number of nights in each place.

The other thing you need to look at is which are cabin/budget tours and which are superior/hotel/time out tours. Decide which is more your style. At 30 you might be looking more toward a superior/hotel tour.

As for who is on the tours. American, Canadians, Australians, and New Zealand for the most part. The shorter tours tend to have more American’s and canadians. There are usually a couple people from other places – Europe, South America, Asia, Africa.

Yes there will be other 30 year olds. I did my first tour at 28. Keep in mind June, July and August tend to be a bit more popular with college age people since it’s summer break.

• 18 Aug 2007 deano86 said

Default_avatar

join the panarama for the 5th of september!!!!
    we need more people!!!
    Ive been told its the best one but im sure everyone has there fav.
    have a read of whats included!
    from what i know age ranges from 20 to 35.
    all different nationalities. i know of americans and aussies and europeans all whom have attended!

-deano

• 19 Aug 2007 ozziegirl74 said

Default_avatar

im 33 and just did the euro encounter. there was a good mix of ages. we stayed in hotels had lots of free time but didnt miss out on anything. it was great and it was 16 days which i think was enough. u kinda get sick of packing and luggin the suitcase.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion