Community_discussions_small  

Comment

9 day Ireland tour leaving June 11th

22 Mar 2010 solotraveler said

solotraveler
hey guys, I'm traveling solo on this trip and just wanted to see if anyone else is going...I'd like to get to know some people beforehand.

:-) Email me Jennieschueller@gmail.com
  • 25 Mar 2010 TBiv82 said

Default_avatar

Apparently we are the only ones going on this tour! lol

~Theresa

• 25 Mar 2010 solotraveler said

solotraveler

lol Oh it’s you again!! :-) Apparently…oh well, at least we will have the whole bus to ourselves. lol

• 26 Mar 2010 Pebbles1985 said

Default_avatar

Hey! I’m going on this trip too! Are you guys staying the extra night in Dublin? Where are you guys from?

-Kendra

• 26 Mar 2010 TBiv82 said

Default_avatar

Yay! Someone else on our trip! I think I am going to fly out there a day early. I’m 27 & from New Jersey – USA. How about you?

• 26 Mar 2010 Pebbles1985 said

Default_avatar

I’m from Ottawa(Canada)and will be turning 25 on June 14, I’ll be in Ireland for my birthday! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Is there a direct flight from NJ to Dublin? My flight’s going to be very loooong (Ottawa to Montreal to Paris to Dublin). It really sucks that I’m going to be in Paris for like an hour and a half but stuck in the damn airport! Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 26 Mar 2010 solotraveler said

solotraveler

Oops, Kendra…one thing I forgot in my email, I’m from California.

I’m so excited to go! As I said in the e-mail I sent you (2 seconds before I saw this post lol) I’m not going to stay extra time in Dublin because I’m flying in to Amsterdam a week before and then heading to London a couple days before we are all supposed to meet up.

I hope we meet some interesting people when we all get together!

• 27 Mar 2010 LuisMa said

LuisMa

Hello there.
    My name is Luis M. Figueroa and I’m from Puerto Rico.
    I’m making arrangements to see if I can take this tour.

Hope to meet you there!

• 27 Mar 2010 TBiv82 said

Default_avatar

Kendra…there are direct flights from NY (JFK airport) to Dublin. I haven’t booked yet, better get on that! haha. You’re gonna have a fun birthday!

Luis…hope you can join us!

I’ve seen some posts on facebook that sound like the Great Britain & Ireland tour meets up with us when they get to Ireland, which will be the start of our trip.

~Theresa

• 27 Mar 2010 Pebbles1985 said

Default_avatar

Theresa: I may just take the long way (Ottawa-Montreal-Paris-Dublin) because I heard that security is a pain in the butt in the States, and on many American airlines I have to pay a luggage fee of $50 each way (maybe it’s because I’m not an American citizen) not to mention JFK’s gotta be a crazy busy airport! Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

Luis: Hope to see you there, keep us posted!

Kendra

• 28 Mar 2010 LuisMa said

LuisMa

Hello…

An extra night would be nice. Kendra/Theresa, maybe we can agree to stay until June 20…

Let me know in case I book this week.

Greetings. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 28 Mar 2010 solotraveler said

solotraveler

Hey Luis…hope you do end up booking the this trip!

Oh, Theresa you are probably right. That makes a lot of sense for them to meet up with us which is probably why we aren’t getting a lot of responses.

Kendra: If you really want to see Paris, you can always fly in a day or two early and then take another flight to dublin on the 12th.

• 28 Mar 2010 Pebbles1985 said

Default_avatar

Luis: I’m booking everything tomorrow and I WILL definitely be staying in Dublin for the extra night (leave Dublin on June 20 instead of the 19).

Jennie: I think I may just hold off on exploring Paris right now and do a London and Paris tour at a later time (I also want to see stonhenge!) I need more money!!!!

Also remember that (apparently) only 7% of people check these forums before the tour. I read that somewhere in these forums!

• 29 Mar 2010 Pebbles1985 said

Default_avatar

Just finished booking my flight and tour (I’m staying an extra night after the tour), so it’s a definite go for me!

I also found out that another girl from the same Unversity as me (Carleton) booked the same tour as us a few weeks ago! Unfortunately the travel agent couldn’t remember her name, but said if she turns up for any questions that he would tell her to check out the forums! Hopefully she finds us!

• 29 Mar 2010 TBiv82 said

Default_avatar

I still need to book my flight! I’ll do that tomorrow. I wanted to fly out a day early so I’m not all tired for the first day of our tour. Not sure if I’ll be able to stay an extra night at the end of the tour, because I have to go back to work the following Monday…but we’ll see Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 29 Mar 2010 LuisMa said

LuisMa

Kendra, can you tell me in which hotel did you reserve that extra night?

Theresa, you can always get sick… It’s just one day. Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

Luis

• 29 Mar 2010 Pebbles1985 said

Default_avatar

Luis: I’m staying at the same hotel as the contiki tour so I don’t have to switch hotels! Just look at the back of the brochure (or somewhere on the website) where it says “stay longer” “post tour” for the rate (or ask your travel agent).

• 30 Mar 2010 TBiv82 said

Default_avatar

Booked my flight! Arriving a day early in Dublin & staying a day later! Yaayy!!

Is it June yet?

• 31 Mar 2010 LuisMa said

LuisMa

Still waiting for my vacation’s approbation. I hope to get it next week… Mad<!--graemlin::mad:-->

• 3 Apr 2010 Explorer1126715 said

Default_avatar

hey everyone,

the past couple weeks i’ve been considering this tour and june 11th looks to be the date i want to go. I haven’t booked anything still weighing options. i’m 25 from toronto and will be travelling solo. i did the great britain tour last year and it was a blast but didn’t have the vacation time to stay on for ireland so this year i’m back for more. my email address is stacyannekeenan@gmail.com. i’ll let you know when i book.

• 3 Apr 2010 TBiv82 said

Default_avatar

Hi Stacy! Hope you’re able to join us! I’m traveling solo too, very excited for this trip! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.