Community_discussions_small  

Comment

NY to LA (Grand Northern) - just need some advice on this one

29 Dec 2007 Kerri-Ellen said

Kerri-Ellen
I am thinking of travelling the GN in peak season which I have heard is a good idea because tours are more likely to be filled up in peak season.

But then I have read it's better to go West to East because more Australians go from East to West which causes a tour to be cancelled. (Personally I wouldn't care who I was travelling with as long as I see the sights and us Aussies are good fun to be with!).

I have heard that the Grand Southern goes both ways...LA - NY and NY - LA. Does the Grand Northern do the same? I just would love to see northern usa and canada...that would be my dream!.. and if my NY - LA was cancelled, I could do the same trip but West to East and just reverse all my travel plans.

I am just really worried about if the Grand Northern (NY - LA) were cancelled...what would I do?

If anyone can let me know whether the GN goes both ways that would be great! and also if June/July would be a good season to do NY - LA? Has anyone done this trip before and found it quite busy at this time of year?

Have many people experienced having their GN cancelled on them?

Thanks for your help everyone! Smiler

- Kerri-Ellen (Perth, Western Australia)
  • 29 Dec 2007 ave said

Default_avatar

Hi
    Im doing the Grand Sothern and Grand Northern back to back starting in July 08. The Grand Northern use to operate in reverse but im pretty sure it doesnt anymore. I have been told that the NY-LA Grand Southern can be cancelled sometimes as most people go LA-NY. It is summer this time of the year so ive also been told it can be pretty full on with the Americans on vacation.
    Hope this helps a bit

• 29 Dec 2007 Michael said

Michael

I ddi the Grand Northern in September aafter doing the Big Apple Explorer and the Grand Northern started in New York up through canada back thru USa and finished in Anaheim.
    any info I can be contacted at keltickiwi29@yahoo.co.nz

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion