Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Southern NY - LA 23 Dec 2011

7 Aug 2010 Rhiannon said

Default_avatar
Hi all

We're looking at booking tbis tour - christmas in washington and new year in Miami. Just wondering to see if anyone else has booked or is thinking about it.
We're hoping to book this week Smiler

Rhiannon Smiler
  • 8 Sep 2010 Explorer1151130 said

Default_avatar

Hey Rhiannon,

Yes! I was thinking of doing this trip for the same reason, new year in Miami would be awesome!
    I know its far away but I’m looking to book soon too, to get the discount.
    Who would you travel with? I think I’d be going on my own so it would be good to meet a few people before the trip Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    Cheers
    Ellen

• 11 Sep 2010 Rhiannon said

Default_avatar

Hey Ellen

My boyfriend and i are going! We’re booked and paid for – so wish it was this year! We ended up saving about $650 each and got a free night post accommodation at the kyoto in LA.

We’re abouts are you from – we’re from perth wa! We did contiki europe last year and ltos of people travelled by themselves and had a fab time!

Rhiannon

• 16 Sep 2010 Explorer1151130 said

Default_avatar

Oh wow that’s great you managed to save so much on the trip, I hope to book and pay soon so I can do the same.
    I wish it was this year too but I definitely need more time to save money, as I have actually just got back from a contiki europe and loved it so much i want to do contiki US!
    I’m from Adelaide SA.
    Hopefully as the time gets closer more people see this post Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I know its far away but im getting super excited already!

• 5 Jan 2011 Breeza said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys

Me and my friend have booked the Eastern Discovery which will finishs in New Orleans

So i wonder if we are all together and then when we get to New Orleans you guys just continue on and we finish up??

Hmmmmm well i am sooooooooo excited.. i booked it as soon as the dates were released…

Cross our fingers this year flys

• 8 Jan 2011 Rhiannon said

Default_avatar

Hey!

It’s so Exciting!! Where abouts are you guys from? We booked as soon as dates came out too! We’re having 8 days in new York beforehand. What’s about you guys? Whereabouts are you from and how long will u be in the US for?

I hope this year flys by too – only 11 months and 5 days til we fly out Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Rhiannon

• 13 Mar 2011 lizzie :) said

lizzie :)

Hey All!

Wow, good to see people are already booked and chatting about this tour. I’ve paid my deposit for this and am now just paying it off in instalments… I am staying in NYC for about a week beforehand so it’d be good to catch up for some bevies before the tour starts.

I’m originally from Adelaide, but am living in London… did the Southern Adventure (New Orleans – LA) last year and had a blast. I’m looking at doing the California Highlights and a stop over in Hawaii before heading back to Australia at the end of January 2012.

Liz

• 19 May 2011 JamesA said

JamesA

Hey I have booked for this tour as well.

This will be my 3rd contiki tour, 2nd one in the US. I plan on being in New York at least a week before the tour starts.

• 19 May 2011 lizzie :) said

Hey JamesA,

Do you know where you are staying in NYC before the tour? I haven’t booked flights from London to NYC yet, but I am planning on arriving on the 15th December (hopefully wont have the issues with snow this year).

Cant believe this year is almost half gone already!!

• 20 May 2011 Explorer1252424 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I am also in the process of booking for this tour and am from Perth WA this will be my second tour as I did one around Europe in 2009. I’ve booked my flights and I’ll be arriving in New York on the 14th so I’ll also be there a week before not sure where I’m staying yet. I’m very excited to for this tour :-)

Elle

• 20 May 2011 JamesA said

JamesA

Hey,

Not sure where i’ll be staying at in New York before the tour starts, though I’m looking at doing the new york explorer tour contiki offers. I’ll also be having my 21st on this tour, while in New Orleans.

• 20 May 2011 Explorer1202365 said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    I am also booked and paid for 23rd dec leaving NY :) This is my second contiki as I did the Europe Winter Wonderer last Dec/Jan. Very excited now to do the US!! Im from Perth Im a teacher (going in the school holidays) there were alot of teachers on my last trip! I am only staying in NY for two nights prior to the trip so really its only a day to explore! I am doing a week in LA after though and going to disneyland :)
    Look forward to chatting again soon
    Julia

• 22 May 2011 lizzie :) said

Looks like there are a few people in NYC for a bit before the tour starts… we should all try and meet up for a couple of pre-departure drinks/sightseeing.

This will be my 3rd time to the states and third time to NYC but it is always magical a never stops surprising me… one of the main things I want to do before the tour is to ice-skate around the Rockefeller, so if anyone is keen it’d be great to have some company :)

• 1 Jun 2011 Explorer1256153 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,
    i am also on this trip. Super excited but just trying to sort out the before and after. Arriving on the 17th and leaving on the 23 so have a week before the trip in NY and pretty much a full week after the trip. Never done contiki before…actually only ever been to bali so looking forward to getting out there. New years in miami on the boat cruise is really standing out haha..should be fun.

Im also from perth nice to meet you all!
    Matt

• 6 Jun 2011 Rhiannon said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, do any of you know any good hotels to stay at in LA after the tour? We ar ehaving one night at the Kyoto and then thinking of santa monica or hollywood for a couple of nights….any advice would be great!

Liz – Todd and I are going to be in NYC from the 15th, would love to catch up for some pre tour drinks, do you know where you’re staying yet? Hope the next months fly as fast as the first :)

Rhiannon :)

• 6 Jun 2011 lizzie :) said

Hi Rhiannon,

Last time I stayed at the Kyoto for a couple of nights (was only meant to be one but was stuck because of the snow and couldn’t get back to London), its not too bad. A few people stayed at a hostel in Hollywood (think it was a vibe place, but will try and find out for you).. I really want to head to San Fran after the tour prior to heading back to Oz via Hawaii.

I am not sure where I will be staying beforehand, I normally stay at a W hotel in Lexington, but its looking a bit pricey at present. :( It’ll be good to catch-up pre tour and have a few drinks/sightsee beforehand.

I do hope that the next 6months fly by also, although still have to save spending money & for flights back to Australia, so hopefully it wont fly by to quickly.

Cheers,
    Liz

• 6 Jun 2011 ClareSully said

ClareSully

Hey everyone,
    I’m on this trip, along with my husband and one of our best mates (I’m Clare, he’s Shannon and our friend is Annie). Great to see we’ve got some xmas and nye company! So excited it’ll be your 21st James, we’ll have to make it a huge night.

Not looking forward to the hard saving ahead, but it’ll be worth it. We’re only in NY 2 nights before the tour starts and 1 night after it ends, which is a bugger, very jealous of you guys getting there eariler and staying later.

We’re all from Western Sydney too by the way.

Clare

• 19 Jun 2011 MitchRaff1990 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone
    I’m also on this tour this will be my 3rd Contiki Tour (1st one in the US) I’m from melbourne and travelling solo and really looking forward to miami and vegas and i’m staying in NY 2 days before the tour and the tours all payed up so now just counting down the days its gunna be awesome!!!!!

Mitch

• 23 Jun 2011 Explorer1202365 said

Default_avatar

Hey we should make a face book page :) I’ll add you all what’s ur email? I’m so excited I’m on the count down! Although saving is difficult!!

• 24 Jun 2011 MitchRaff1990 said

Default_avatar

Hey its Mitch mine is mitchellrafferty@gmail.com

• 26 Jun 2011 ClareSully said

ClareSully

mine is s_kimogirl@hotmail.com

Would I be able to send an invite to the other people I’m travelling with on this tour through fb?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.