Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Encounter leaving Feb. 10th 2008

1 Jan 2008 Mattbergvegas said

Mattbergvegas
Is there anyone else booked on this tour? If so I would like to chat with you before we leave. See you in less than 6 weeks.
  • 2 Jan 2008 Sares said

Default_avatar

Hello there I’m also on this trip, it’s getting close!

• 2 Jan 2008 Mattbergvegas said

Mattbergvegas

Hi there. My name is Matt. Where are you traveling from?

• 3 Jan 2008 Sares said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m Sarah, coming from South Australia!

• 3 Jan 2008 Luke83 said

Default_avatar

hey guys im on this trip too. I was on the 19th but it got cancelled. Im Luke from the Gold Coast

• 5 Jan 2008 Mattbergvegas said

Mattbergvegas

Hello Sarah and hi Luke. Sorry to hear about your original tour being cancelled Luke. I know I would have been upset if this one had gotten cancelled. Are you both travelling alone or with someone else? Can’t wait it’s getting closer.

• 5 Jan 2008 Luke83 said

Default_avatar

yeh mate, im meetin up with mates in London but travelling on tour solo, yeh cant wait, going to be awesome

• 5 Jan 2008 Sares said

Default_avatar

I’m going on my own! I was wondering if it’s possible to try out skiing or snowboarding while we’re there? Ive never been near the snow before and it’d be awesome to give it a go, I mean I love to surf and skateboard.. how hard can skiing be?? Haha

• 5 Jan 2008 Mattbergvegas said

Mattbergvegas

Sarah, From having done this tour before and the European Vista I know there is no place to try skiing or snowboarding. Although if we get to go up Mt. Pilatus there will be plenty of snow. But no slopes to do anything on.

• 6 Jan 2008 Luke83 said

Default_avatar

yeh wont be able to ski or board on tour, but wait till the winter down here sarah and head over to queenstown new zealand………best place, plus awesome nightlife

• 6 Jan 2008 Sares said

Default_avatar

Yeah, I thought it was a long shot! Ive been to New Zealand but we went in Summer, awesome place though! So you’ve already done this tour Matt, anything I really need to know? I thought I might just go with the flow as I am unsure

• 7 Jan 2008 Mattbergvegas said

Mattbergvegas

Nothing you really need to know. Just have fun. Have enough money available if you can. For me the US dollar is still pretty weak right now. Hopefully the Aus. Dollar is better for you. It’s going to be a great trip.

• 8 Jan 2008 Luke83 said

Default_avatar

so what days are you guys gettin into london. I leave brisbane on the 7th and get into london on the 8th

• 8 Jan 2008 Sares said

Default_avatar

I’m actually leaving Adelaide on the 7th too and get in like 6am ish on the 8th. Do you have much planned for your days in London?

• 8 Jan 2008 Mattbergvegas said

Mattbergvegas

I leave the US on the 8th and get into London at 6am the 9th. Nothing really planned in London before we leave. Just after we get back. Do you have plans Sarah? What hotel do they have you staying at? Royal National or the Imperial?

• 8 Jan 2008 Luke83 said

Default_avatar

catchin up with mates when i get there but just be chillin that afternoon and then do some sightseeing on saturday. Im stayin at royal national

• 10 Jan 2008 Sares said

Default_avatar

I’m staying at the Royal National. Thought I’d get a lot of sightseeing in, it’s the first time I’ll be on my own overseas which I’m looking forward to! Then after the tour I have to get back to Oz for uni.
    I’m 20, what about you guys?

• 10 Jan 2008 Luke83 said

Default_avatar

yes cant wait…..first time ill be goin overseas by myself but have travelled heaps tho, over to america, mexico, new zealand and bali. Im in London for 3 days after, thinkin bout goin up to manchester or liverpool. Im 24

• 10 Jan 2008 Mattbergvegas said

Mattbergvegas

I’ll be staying at the Imperial. Im in London for 2 nights after. I will be turning 31 on the tour, Feb. 20th-Day 11 of the trip Florence to French Riviera. I hope you two will help me celebrate it. It’s going to be a good time.

• 10 Jan 2008 Luke83 said

Default_avatar

yeh mate im pretty sure we will lol. So wherebouts in the us are u from

• 11 Jan 2008 Mattbergvegas said

Mattbergvegas

I am from Spokane, Washington. It’s in the NW corner of the US. Opposite side of the state that Seattle is on to be exact.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion