Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Euro Inspiration 9-20-08

14 Nov 2007 Grieb said

Default_avatar
My husband and I have been looking and looking AND looking at what European trips Contiki has to offer. We decided the European Inspiration would be our best bet considering we stay in each city for two nights. (Less time moving our luggage= more quality time at each stop Big Grin ).

After deciding on the tour we needed to pick a date. We already knew we wanted to be in Munich during Oktoberfest so that narrowed in down. There are four dates that they offer during Oktoberfest.

The first date September 11th (a guaranteed date) gets you to Munich the night before opening day of Oktoberfest and then you are in Munich for the entire first day. We’ve heard that the first day is the MOST packed day of all and that getting into a beer tent is close to impossible without tickets ahead of time.

The second offered tour is September 18th which gets to Munich on a Friday night and you can enjoy Oktoberfest on an extremely packed Saturday.

The third date September 20th gets to you Munich Sunday night and you can enjoy a Monday, considered one of the best days to visit Oktoberfest!!! Smiler The crowds are still there but it’s not as bad as opening day or a Saturday. We’ve even read that you are able to get beer tickets the day of and will have time to visit most of the beer tents without fighting through too many crowds!

The last September date is the 25th (the other guaranteed date) and you will get to Munich Friday night and you can enjoy the last packed Saturday of Oktoberfest.

We are picking September 20th and we are hoping (praying) that you will too! It’s not a guaranteed date which means that without 25 people they will cancel the tour. And as an added benefit my husband speaks German so you can hang out with us! Hope to see you on 9-20-08!!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.