Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern/Grand northern: New York explorer?

22 Oct 2008 Ash asked

Default_avatar
Im going to be doing the grand southern and then the grand northern straight after next year and was wondering wether its worthwhile 2 book onto the new york explorer for the days in between or just go it alone?
  • 23 Oct 2008 gig08 said

gig08

I did the GS earlier in the year and booked into the Big Apple Explorer right afterwards…
    If I were to do it again, I would probably go at it alone- Since you’re doing the GS beforehand, there will most likely be others on that tour doing the same, and you can team up with them to explore the city.

The BAE is a good way to see the city, but very different from the longer tours as you obviously don’t become very close with the people…so it might be more fun to spend your few days with a group you already know… At least 1/2 of our GS group ended up staying in NYC for at least a day or two after the tour…

• 25 Oct 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

I would say no. I think after doing a tour you’ll feel a lot more confident about exploring the city by yourself. Plus i’m sure you’ll have tourmates to tour around with from the first tour.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.