Community_discussions_small  

Question

transferring and backing up photos during tour

10 Sep 2013 BrookemarleySA asked

BrookemarleySA

Hello, Im planning to take the 32 day easy rider tour next may, and I am slightly photo obsessed lol. Im planning to take ALOT of photos and my biggest fear is loosing my snaps if something were to happen to my camera half way through, I can replace my camera (not that I want to of course) but loosing photos would be devastating.
How to you guys tend to backup photos during your trip? I was thinking about buying an ipad to save photos on to but they dont have a sd card slot anyway. I will have a slr camera, a waterproof camera on me (both use sd card memory)
Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer photos to an iphone? as mine is a 32gb so that would have plenty of room to save a backup too?
or would it be safer to just buy alot of memory cards and change them regually?
Im really not sure so any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Thanks guys

• 10 Sep 2013 mattross said

mattross

i back all my pics up on the ipad all you need is an sd reader that plugs into the bottom of the ipad they are about $20

• 16 Sep 2013 BrookemarleySA said

BrookemarleySA

oh really, thats great!! thanks so much for your reply :-) do you happen to know if the sd card reader would work to put the pics on an iphone? I dont own an ipad but will buy one to take with me if I cant just put the pics onto my phone

• 16 Sep 2013 mattross said

mattross

It may, I’ve never tried it

• 16 Sep 2013 BrookemarleySA said

BrookemarleySA

no worries, Think I may buy an ipad anyway but might try the attachment with my phone first. thanks for all your help :-)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion