Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Egypt Jan4/08-Jan12/08

28 Jul 2007 Suzie-is-a-travelin' said

Default_avatar
Hey All!!
My friend and I from Hamilton, Ontario
are booked on the Egypt and the Nile tour starting on Jan 4 2008
Wondering if there are anyone else out there that has booked this already.
  • 16 Aug 2007 rachy4187 said

Default_avatar

I havent booked it yet, but I am going to ask for it for Christmas!!!

I am really really hoping to go on it! I havent ever been on a Contiki tour before. If we book it, and the dates changes or something and then we can’t go anymore, do we get our money back or how does it work

I am a 20 yr old female and I will either be travelling alone or with my 22 yr old brother. How old are you and your friend

• 25 Aug 2007 hamjamjr said

Default_avatar

Yeah i’m thinking about it, i’m just a bit worried as this will be the first trip overseas by myself and first contiki tour, i’m a bit worried about the flights like what day should i arrive and how do i know where to go,

• 28 Aug 2007 Suzie-is-a-travelin' said

Default_avatar

I’m not sure about the refund policy…things to ask when booking..but I hear the egypt tour are really popular and do go more often than not….says my travel person.

I"m actually 33 and my friend is 26 and this is our 2nd contiki…I was kinda worried about the age thing the first time around, but it all worked out really well

And as for traveling alone….I think for this tour contiki takes care of the transfers….our last tour was pretty well laid out for us so we knew when and where to go…we had a few people travelling alone and they has alot of fun!

• 29 Aug 2007 LadyBug said

Default_avatar

I really want to go on this trip too, but I’m a bit worried because I’m also a 20 year old female and I’ll be going alone. If I knew there were going to be other girls on their own I’d be more willing to go ahead and book!

• 30 Aug 2007 hamjamjr said

Default_avatar

Hi LadyBug<

I’m a 20 year old female and im also travelling alone but i’m going on the next tour the 19th jan to 27th jan 08, but i arrive on the 17th and leave on the 28th. i’m a bit nervous about it but i’m sure it will be great

• 20 Sep 2007 Farah said

Default_avatar

HI! I just booked the jan 4 trip a few weeks ago. I’m traveling alone, and I’m sure this will be a great experience. Where are you from?

Farah

• 20 Sep 2007 monty02 said

Default_avatar

hey everyone,

most tours to egypt do run as it’s very popular. however, generally if contiki do cancel tours it is usually 45 days out (although it can be less) and they will normally give you the option of going on the one before or the one after. as for those worried about going on their own, i’ve done 3 contiki’s on my own before in different parts of the world and had a great time! you will find there are lots of other people travelling on their own, of all different ages and you will definately find “friends” to hang out with. also if you have a look at previous other parts on the bulletin board on this tour you will see that contiki will send someone to meet you at the airport to assist going through customs (as do all the tour companies generally in egypt). this tour seems to be popular with people going on their own.
    note that contiki provides transport back to the airport at the end of the tour but only at certain times so you may find if you want to take their transfer that you are faced with a bit of a wait before your flight, especially if it’s in the middle of the night.

i’m thinking of going on 29 dec 2007 if anyone wants to join!

suzie, would be great to meet up with you guys but unfort i don’t think i can make those dates work!

• 23 Sep 2007 SuzyQ said

Default_avatar

hey hey…

i’m thinking of doing another contiki….i’m very interested in going to egypt, so if most ppl go on the tour starting on the 4th jan, i will try and go on that one….if i do, it will be my third contiki on my own…unfortunately i can’t count on my brother to join me, but i have had alot of fun on my two previous contikis…when will contiki confirm the tour dates??

• 23 Sep 2007 Suzie-is-a-travelin' said

Default_avatar

Hey Farah!!
    My Friend Timea and myself are from Hamilton Ontario…we noticed on the other Contiki tour that we did, that sometimes it was just easier to say that we were from Toronto..depending on where people were from! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Sep 2007 scuba_Nikki said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone!

I am a 25 year old female, from Toronto, ON. (Actually I am from Guelph, but most people have no idea where that is – it is much easier to just say Toronto). I just signed up for this tour and I am travelling alone.

I just returned from Contiki’s “European Discovery” Tour. I travelled alone for that one as well and had a great time. There were people of all ages on our tour, and it was very easy to make friends.

• 20 Oct 2007 tawdrylace said

Default_avatar

I’m booked to go on the Jan 4th trip. I’m a 19 y.o. Australian female and I’ll be travelling on my own. I’m very excited!

e.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion