Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Terrible online reviews of contiki hotels! Yikes! - Asian Adventure

9 Sep 2009 Kbell285 said

Kbell285
I'm using a travel agent to book me a hotel the night before the tour begins and she happened to let me know the name of the contiki hotel in Bangkok we will be staying at for the first part of Asian Adventure.

Unfortunately the hotel reviews are very terrible. I could not find one good review on the place..

I realize we'll be spending little time in our hotel but it very dissapointing to see contiki is having us stay at such a crappy place. The official website looks nice but the reviews state otherwise.

I would like to hear from people who have been on the Asian Adventure tour before and know how the hotels were.

Kelly
  • 9 Sep 2009 Kbell285 said

Kbell285

I’ve decided not to let it bother me… The trip is what you make it and who knows those reviews could be made up…

• 9 Sep 2009 Milwaukee Nurse said

Default_avatar

wow! thanks for sharing this with me! i read through some of those reviews from the webside- yikes! the thing that really freaks me out is the one talking about ppl getting robbed. im very worried about stuff getting taken. obviously we all just have to be mindful of our surroundings and belongings but that’s just so unfortunate.
    i may shop around a bit for the 1st night stay but have a feeling i may just end up with that hotel.

thanks again for the updates!!
    hope you are well. chat soon.
    merissa

• 18 Sep 2009 Carly said

Default_avatar

No need to worry ladies cause I got an email today. Changes have been made. On our tour we stay at Viengtai hotel. Reviews are 100% better and I emailed them and asked about early check in and luggage storage and got a quick reply back. The last hotel wasnt that gracious! Im very comfortable about the Bangkok hotel issue now!

• 20 Sep 2009 Kbell285 said

Kbell285

does this mean that I can stay at that hotel the night before the tour begins?

We’re arriving the night before the tour begins at 9pm. We had to book at a seperate hotel for a night because the other hotel would not take early check in.

• 20 Sep 2009 Kbell285 said

Kbell285
    quote:
    No need to worry ladies cause I got an email today. Changes have been made. On our tour we stay at Viengtai hotel. Reviews are 100% better and I emailed them and asked about early check in and luggage storage and got a quick reply back. The last hotel wasnt that gracious! Im very comfortable about the Bangkok hotel issue now!

The reviews look great! Thanks so much I feel much more at ease!

• 22 Sep 2009 Carly said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kbell285:
    does this mean that I can stay at that hotel the night before the tour begins?

We’re arriving the night before the tour begins at 9pm. We had to book at a seperate hotel for a night because the other hotel would not take early check in.

Well you can always see if they have any rooms available for the night your after. I emailed them and got a very prompt reply back and they seem more than helpfull.

Email them and ask :-)

• 24 Sep 2009 Jack from aus said

Default_avatar

dear all
    i did the trip back in july and all the hotels are fine it all comes together and fits in in with were u are.
    most of the hotels are 3+ star

• 29 Mar 2011 Expert Traveller said

Expert Traveller

Keep in mind that Contiki are a business and nothing else, they are there to make money from you, so they will stick you in any ratty place, just to make a few extra bucks!

• 3 Apr 2011 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

I did this tour just 2 months ago. And I must say the hotels, are very good, clean, spacious, and pretty much in the heart of each town literally walking distance. I did a concept tour in Europe in 09 and a NZ tour. And the asia hotels are 10x better.

• 4 Apr 2011 Carly said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

I did this tour in November 2008 and it was fine. The accomodation was really good quality, I didnt have a problem in any place we stayed,

You dont have a thing to worry about with regard to the quality of the accomodation. It was fine! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion