Community_discussions_small  

Question

Spain or Greece????

19 Jan 2010 Explorer1165847 asked

Default_avatar
I am trying to decide whether to do the European Escapade which is 25 days and travels to Spain, or to go on the 29 day European Contrasts tour which misses out on Spain but goes to Corfu, Greece.

Any advice from anyone who has done either tours, or been to both places and which is better????
  • 7 Dec 2011 Reka803 said

Reka803

i have not done Greece but I did Spain. i did not like Spain that much and the people were insane and made some people lifes horrible by being drunk 24/7 partying till like 7:00 am and being late all the time. they can do whatever they want but during the day too when you are trying to enjoy the sites and just rude disrespectful people. I hope i get a good crowd in greece. :)

• 9 Dec 2011 SarahOP said

SarahOP

I studied abroad in Spain and it’s amazing. The locals were friendly, the food was great, the architecture and history A+. You cannot go wrong. I wanted to go back this summer, but I’m waiting for a friend’s schedule to clear up so we can do a fun road trip. I just booked the Aegean Classic for Sept 1st and it goes to Greece. I’ve always wanted to go there. If I had to pick between going to Barcelona or Corfu, I would pick Spain. Most people don’t even pick Corfu as an area of Greece to visit. Usually they do Athens, Crete, Santorini, etc. But everyone goes to Barcelona because there is more to see and it’s gorgous. However, the trip going to Greece also goes to Prague. That’s a fun and beautiful city to visit. I’d be way more excited to see Prague than Corfu.

Either way I don’t think you can go wrong. Europe is amazing and no matter which places you go, you will have an amazing trip. Go with what your gut tells you. And hope you don’t get stuck on a tour with a bunch of alcoholics. :)

• 10 Dec 2011 Jamie said

Jamie

I have never been to Spain and I’m doing both next year, but it depends what you prefer, do you want a city party atmosphere in spain (I’m guessing it’s barcelona?) or do you want to spend time on a Greek island, enjoy the water sports (if it’s summer) party etc??

I’d prob choose Greece :D

• 24 Jan 2012 Britters. said

Default_avatar

I did a contiki tour in 2009 and we did greece (aka Corfu), the island was beautiful and we had an amazing time with the waterspouts on george’s boat. Unfortunately out tour didn’t go to Spain so this year I’m attempting to go to both Greece and Spain (in addition to Paris). I work for Accor which is the french hotel chain (Novotel Mercure, Ibis, etc) and am looking to see if anyone wants to do travelling independently with me as accommodation is cheap as chips (approx 70-80 for 4 to 5 star accomm). If anyone is interested I’m aiming for june/july for 1 or 2 months and will be awesome and you can do both spain and greece!

• 24 Jan 2012 Explorer1353538 said

Default_avatar

They can’t. The Euro is tied to all of the Euro zone. It’s going down and will eventually take the dollar with it. Get ready, it’s gonna be a wild ride.
    Bia Slim

• 26 Jan 2012 travelguy said

travelguy

I’ve been to both Barcelona and Greece, although my time in Greece was spent in Athens and Mykonos. Both have their advantages over the other one. That said, I would choose the Contrasts tour. As SarahOP mentions above, it goes to Prague and Prague, in my opinion, is one of the best cities in Europe and is definitely better than Barcelona. I also like the way the Contrasts tour is laid out. Having Corfu right in the middle of the tour would be a nice way to have some relaxing beach time in the middle of what should be an action packed tour. Corfu would also be a nice change of pace from all the big cities you will visit along the way.

In the end, you can’t go wrong with either tour as they both go to many amazing cities. Good luck with your choice!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.