Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Posting Parcel Advice

26 Aug 2008 teachergeek said

teachergeek
Hi, just curious for advice on the safest, cheapest etc places to send parcels back to Australia from, I'm sure I'll buy too much and have to send heaps home Razzer
  • 26 Aug 2008 said

Default_avatar

hmmm one of my work colleagues is Polish and has told me to post stuff home from Amsterdam. He said it is about half the price of other places

• 27 Aug 2008 ashleejoanne said

Default_avatar

Yeah definitely post stuff home from amsterdam, i didnt and wish i did. The other people on my tour posted big boxes back to australia and it cost them 30 euro, but i was lazy and waited till i got back to london and it cost me 74 pound

• 27 Aug 2008 Miss Pink! said

Miss Pink!

This is some handy info – I will probably need to post things back home as I love to shop! This might sound like a dumb question, but does anyone know how long it takes for the parcel to get back to Australia?

• 27 Aug 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

Here’s a thought. Find out what the charge is to check in a second bag on your airline on the return flight. Sometimes the cost might be cheaper than mailing it.

• 27 Aug 2008 said

Default_avatar

Extra baggage charges on my flights are huge. 1% of flight cost per extra kg…

I think time frame depends which postage method you opt for and where in Aus you live (remember it has to get through the maze that is Australia Post…)

• 28 Aug 2008 jess said

jess

Amsterdam is like the first stop on my trip!
    Has anyone sent a package from Paris? Is it expensive?

• 28 Aug 2008 jess said

jess

Another quick question…

r0dn3y your package took 4 weeks? What about a post card? Are they faster?
    I don’t want to send postcards if I’m going to beat them home! Kinda defeats the purpose…

• 28 Aug 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

Jess they will almost always get there after your trip. don’t worry. Send it any ways. It then has the stamps and stuff on it. If you send them early enough they might get there before you do.,

• 28 Aug 2008 Nickerz said

Nickerz

yep, yep, yep – Amsterdam was the best place for posting & i sent several packages (large boxes) for quite cheap. Nothing was broken or moved around. Also, Paris was not too bad either (the post office just off the Champs) was the next cheapest & we could post glass bottles (wine) too & had no problems. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 Aug 2008 teachergeek said

teachergeek

Great, Amsterdam is my first stop too, so it looks like Paris might be the go. What about Germany? That way it’s half way through a trip and I can stock up again Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 2 Sep 2008 Nickerz said

Nickerz

You will find heaps to buy in Amsterdam so at least if its your first stop you can send home your first round of souvenir buying to keep your suitcase able to be stocked up till you get to Paris. I havent sent anything home from Germany so cant help there. Just a tip, Rome is quite hard – only post office was Vatican City & they were small bag packages (not boxes)so we could only send clothing/soft/small/no too delicate souvenirs, they wont let you send any glass/bottles at all.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion