Community_discussions_small  

Question

Travelling to Europe alone in 2014

15 Sep 2013 Grace asked

Grace

I am 21 from nsw Australia and I am looking at going on a European contiki tour in 2014, the only problem is none of my friend can afford it. I am not too keen on knowing nobody on my tour, I was looking at doing the ultimate European tour departing on the 28th of march so it would include Anzac Day in Gallipoli.

• 15 Sep 2013 Renee said

Renee

Hey there! I am from Adelaide and will be travelling solo and wanting to do this exact tour :)

• 15 Sep 2013 Grace said

Grace

That is a relief, I thought that the tours would be filled with people travelling in groups. How old are you?

• 15 Sep 2013 Renee said

Renee

I’m 19. I’m sure there will be heaps of us solo travellers on tour. I can’t wait to the brochure comes out so we can start making definite plans

• 15 Sep 2013 Grace said

Grace

Yes, it is really exciting, but really scary at the same time

• 15 Sep 2013 Renee said

Renee

I’m excited but I know as it gets closer and it seems more real the nerves will kick in! Are you doing Greek islands or egypt?

• 15 Sep 2013 Grace said

Grace

I am not sure, both look so good, but from what I have heard the Greek islands are amazing! So I don’t know weather to do them or to do Egypt and do an island tour after.

• 15 Sep 2013 Scott m said

Scott m

Hey im from New Zealand traveling solo and wanting to do this tour to, im having two weeks in USA and two in London before hand. Flights are all booked just waiting for next years dates so i can confirm this. Getting excited!

• 21 Oct 2013 Tannarette said

Tannarette

Hi guys…. just so you know most of the contiki tours I’ve done have been more solo travellers than groups. . I’m traveling Europe next year also but on different tours, (anzac odysses, then European Escapade) I just wanted to let you all know, not worry about traveling alone, you will meet other like minded people on contiki, you all should have a blast on contiki, i did… when i was in New Zealand and the USA. Hope you all have a great trip, and i might see you all on Anzac Day :-)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion