Community_discussions_small  

Comment

If you don't drink.....

1 Mar 2008 :) said

Default_avatar
I don't drink, but definitely like to have a good time and want to bond with my group...any comments/advice?
  • 1 Mar 2008 lindenfan1 said

Default_avatar

I am in the same boat – I don’t really drink (well – except my birthday which will be right in the middle of my European Whirl)… but I figure I can have just as good a time watching everyone else spend their money and drink Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> That – and I won’t be hung over on the bus the next day. It is all what you make of it.

Try the contikipedia for the differences between budget and superior – I think the biggest difference is the accomodations.

• 2 Mar 2008 Greko said

Default_avatar

I dont drink either..still party hard..

all good Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Mar 2008 Stanga said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the 22 day camper in July and I’m planning on making it a dry few weeks. I figure I’ll still have all the fun I want to but I just don’t deal with hangovers really well and I can’t imagine a more accurate view of Hell than being on a bus feeling like both your head and stomach are about to explode.
    It will be difficult with all that European beer on offer but I’m sure I’ll manage. I hear there are a lot of people who aren’t all that keen on getting ‘crunk’ every night, so there’ll be a few in the same boat.

• 3 Mar 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

You’ll be surprized at how old it gets after a couple of days. I don’t drink much and got old and very very pricy. If you think a drink is pricy in the states try doubeling it in Europe. Its great to get a bottle of something, some plastic glasses and some tour mates. What we did was everyone was responsible for bringing something back one night and doing a sampler it was fun.

• 6 Mar 2008 chloe down said

Default_avatar

hey guys

well before i went on my tour i was a non drinker but it didnt last very long and you dont have to go and get smashed to have a good time just have a couple if you feel like it. its all about having fun so just ebjoy the moment

chloe
    euro vista sept 07

• 6 Mar 2008 Bradleyc123 said

Bradleyc123

no drinking on the bus right?

is that alcohol only or…

can we bring chips and coke and stuff on board? or is there another topic for this? sorry!

• 6 Mar 2008 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    can we bring chips and coke and stuff on board? or is there another topic for this? sorry!

No alcohol. You can bring ‘dry’ food and drinks (no ice-cream or anything too messy).

• 7 Mar 2008 Bly said

Default_avatar

I feel the need to respectfully disagree with Praha. I’ve been on two Contiki tours, and while I went out and drank most nights, I never felt like the drinking was ‘competitive’, or that the people that were ‘hard-core’ were the attention grabbing, funky hair, broke and sick types… and noone had a funnel!! I also had people on both tours that didn’t touch alcohol, and I was good friends with them!

The drinking is what you make of it. I went out most nights, but at the same time I wanted to see everything while I was overseas. Some nights I got drunk, but most nights I’d just have a couple drinks, and some nights I would come back to the hotel early, and take it easy. Every night on tour there was bunch of people that went out, and some that stayed in. So depending on what you wanted to do… you could do it! And there was never any pressure to drink. Yhea, sometimes people would buy rounds, but if you didn’t want one they wouldn’t force the booze on you. There are also people that don’t drink at all (one guy was allergic on my most recent tour), so we had fun finding mocktails for him, and he still came out and had just as much fun as the rest of us.

There are all types of people on these tours, and the amount of alcohol you consume doesn’t define who you are or how much fun you’ll have!!

• 7 Mar 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

I just wanted to modify what PinaI said there’s NO ALCOHOL as long as its not opened. I bought several bottles for gifts as did many other people on my tour.

I also have to disagree with Praha as well. never judge a book by its cover. Yes there are going to be drinkers and yes non drinkers. Its all personal choice. No one forces anyone to drink. We had some people on my tour that weren’t aloud to drink for religious reasons. Everyone had fun.

Not everyone with “funny hair” or attention grabbers is a drinker thats pure steriotyping (sp?)

Plus its very pricy to drink in Europe. What we did one night was everyone was responsible for buying a foreign bottle of whatever and then we met on the patio and just had a nice chill out night.

To quote Bly

quote:
    There are all types of people on these tours, and the amount of alcohol you consume doesn’t define who you are or how much fun you’ll have!!

• 7 Mar 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

I second that.

quote:

I also have to disagree with Praha as well. never judge a book by its cover. Yes there are going to be drinkers and yes non drinkers. Its all personal choice. No one forces anyone to drink. We had some people on my tour that weren’t aloud to drink for religious reasons. Everyone had fun.

- Vic

• 11 Apr 2010 sunsetfiesta said

sunsetfiesta

thats part of the fun, just being reckless and letting go, don;t obviously drink til you spew and pass out but in Asia I partied hard alot of nights, was hungover slightly the next day but dont regret it one bit.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion