Community_discussions_small  

Question

Vietnam experience 5th April 2014?

16 Sep 2013 Louise asked

Louise

Just booked this tour and was wondering if anyone else had too? Pretty excited! :)

• 22 Sep 2013 Mo said

Mo

hi louise. thats great. im also planning on booking to go to vietnam in april next year. gonna book next week after all the south african public holidays pass. i heard that april is the best time to go anyways. you can find out who is going on your particular tour group chat hey

• 23 Sep 2013 Louise said

Louise

Hey Mo :) Aw that would be exciting. Looking at the same date? Yeah I think there is some way but I haven’t quite worked all that out yet haha.

• 24 Sep 2013 Mo said

Mo

i dont have a date yet hey. i just said i MUST go to vietnam. lol. then i found out that april is the best time to go so… i havent also looked at which dates are available either. i dont know, maybe i should go during that easter weekend. but ill see. you must go to community and then meetups and then you enter you trip code or something and you can meet the people before you go. are you a solo travelor?

• 26 Sep 2013 Louise said

Louise

Vietnam does look pretty awesome, I can understand you saying you MUST go there :P I’m pretty excited. The tour runs over my birthday, but not Easter. Going home via Hong Kong so will be there for Easter.

Nah travelling with a friend of mine who I did Europe with :)

• 27 Sep 2013 Mo said

Mo

Awwww lovely. Im travelling with my boyfriend and we actually decided on the highlights on the 14th of april cos i just started a new job and trying to suck out as much leave as possible :). but vietnam is gonna be awesome. let me know how it is since ill be going after you

• 18 Nov 2013 Paul said

Paul

Hey Louise
    Just booked the same trip on the 5th of April with 3 of my mates. Pretty excited about it as it looks pretty good

• 19 Nov 2013 Louise said

Louise

Hi Paul. That’s so exciting. It’ll be a great trip. Where are you from? :)

• 19 Nov 2013 Paul said

Paul

I am from Singleton NSW. How bout yourself??

• 20 Nov 2013 Louise said

Louise

Oh that’s cool. I’m from Mildura VIC

• 28 Nov 2013 Viet Nam tour & visa said

Viet Nam tour & visa
    Hi Louise and Paul,

I work for a Travel Agent in Viet Nam and welcomed you to visit my country. This is my website: www.thanhlonggtravel.com. Hope you can find out the exciting tour here.

• 24 Jan 2014 katiecollins said

katiecollins

Hi Louise! I am also on this trip :) im so excited

• 26 Jan 2014 Amy said

Default_avatar

Hi all. My Vietnam Highlights tour was supposed to start on the 10th of April but has just been cancelled. I’m looking at changing to the Experience starting on the 5th, or the Highlights which joins you guys on the 7th. When is everyone arriving to start the Experience?

• 27 Jan 2014 Louise said

Louise

Woohoo :) Exciting times!

Shame about the Highlights tour being cancelled. I’m getting to Ho Chi Minh the day before the tour starts

• 28 Jan 2014 Mo said

Mo

@explorer what what, why dont you just join the highlights starting on the 14th. im on that one and im a hell of a lot of fun, lol. we already have a few people in our group chat. damn! but why was it cancelled?

• 28 Jan 2014 Mo said

Mo

ummm actually explorer, there was never a tour for the 10th of april because the one on the 14th of april joins up witht he vietnam experience guys who start on the 12th. most vietnam highlights tours start on a monday to cater for the vietnam experience guys who meet up 2 days before and then later on join up with the highlights guys. how did you manage to join and non existent tour? cos then you wouldnt be able to get a reference number. hmmmm….

• 28 Jan 2014 Amy said

Default_avatar

Hi Mo. I was definitely on the Highlights starting the 10th, which joined the Explorer starting the 8th. It was obviously an extra one they put on that week but not a guaranteed departure. Anyway, I can’t do the later one on the 14th so will be doing the earlier one. Enjoy your trip.

• 3 Feb 2014 kylz said

kylz

Hey!
    Im also doing the Vietnam experience on 5th of April!! Sooooooo excited AND nervous as im travelling solo and first time on Contiki!! Cant wait =)

• 3 Feb 2014 Paul said

Paul

Awesome should be some fun.
    We are in Ho chi minh city a day before and Hanoi a day after the tour.
    Also spending 5 nights in Hong Kong after. Is anyone travelling after??
    Don’t be nervous travelling by yourself Kylz as the last contiki tour I did about half were travelling by themselves and everyone had a great time.

• 3 Feb 2014 Louise said

Louise

Yeah we’re in Ho Chi Minh City the day before, then Hanoi the day after. Also heading to Hong Kong after but only for 3 days.

You’ll have a blast travelling by yourself kylz. I’ve travelled by myself before and it was good fun. You’ll meet lots of people anyway :)

• 4 Feb 2014 kylz said

kylz

Thanks Louise and Paul :) I’m only a little nervous but mostly really excited!! The was I looked at it when I decided to go solo was I’ve never heard of anyone saying they did a contiki your and didn’t have the time of there life!! 60 days to go!! Eeeek

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion