Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Camping 2010

19 Aug 2009 lizzie said

lizzie
Hi everyone,
I am looking at doing the 46 days camping next year the dates don't come out till October so not exactly sure when yet but was looking at around May. Can anyone please give me any info on what the trip was like for them and if they would do it again. I am traveling by myself and am 21 but will be 22 when I leave. I am from Sydney but not really a prissy girl. I have camped before as a kid and enjoyed it. Really any information would be fantastic. I am going camping because I want to make my money stretch as far as possible and the 46 days seemed like a great introduction to Europe and went to many fantastic places.
Cheers Lizzie
  • 19 Aug 2009 lizzie said

lizzie

Also a few friends of mine did a camping tour this year and loved it but these friends where really outdoorsy and active, just would like a few different thoughts also

• 23 Aug 2009 AndreaH88 said

AndreaH88

hey! i am looking at doing a 46 day camping tour next year too around may. same age, travelling by myself. only heard good things about the tour! cant wait til dates come out so i can choose when to go!

• 24 Aug 2009 lizzie said

lizzie

HI Andrea yeah i have heard great things about the tour… im hoping for a guaranteed departure around the 15th till the 30th of May. The tour dates i have been told are released on the 12th october. And flight centre has a europe travel expo on the 25th of october where they have flight deals, travel insurance specials and usually some kind of tour discounts as well

• 24 Aug 2009 AndreaH88 said

AndreaH88

oh nice, sounds good! i am so excited lol, just went thru all my friends photos – looks so amazing!! you been overseas before?

• 25 Aug 2009 lizzie said

lizzie

Um yeah i have been to thailand before but thats about all and i have never been overseas by myself before! how about you…

• 25 Aug 2009 AndreaH88 said

AndreaH88

not touring by myself, worked in the states where i went by myself but nothing like contiki.

• 19 Oct 2009 *Claire* said

*Claire*

hey guys im claire, im 18 my friend and i are planning pn doing the 46 day camping tour sometime in may aswell Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> but i cant find the dates of departure on the website, all it says is that the dates are currently unavailable Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 19 Oct 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

the dates for this tour in may are :
    11th, 18th and 25th.
    The brochure doesn’t have guaranteed departures this time round, just says to check online for them.
    hope that helps!

• 19 Oct 2009 *Claire* said

*Claire*

ok thank you that does help Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> where did you find the dates? on the contiki wedsite?

• 20 Oct 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

Nah ive got the new brochure, i was pretty lucky as i went into a travel agent yesterday and she said that they had a launch the night before and she got a brochure so she gave me hers and she said they were just waiting to get the stock in.
    So you should be able to get one very soon.
    Only annoying thing this time around is there are no guaranteed departures cos i would rather book a guaranteed one but oh well.
    also the prices are
    11th may- $4925
    18th, 25th may – $5029
    that includes the food fund

• 20 Oct 2009 AndreaH88 said

AndreaH88

On the website the other day it said the 11th was a guaranteed departure!!
    Apparently there is no guaranteed departures in the catologue.

Going in a few weeks to book the 11th of May!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 20 Oct 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar

yeh it does say to check online for dates that will be made guaranteed departures so thats the best bet. im not actually doing this tour lol i hope they release a guaranteed departure in may for the tour i want cos im skeptical to book one that isnt

• 29 Oct 2009 *Claire* said

*Claire*

the dates in may for the 46 day camping trip are actually the 9th 16th and the 23rd, anyone planning on going on the 9th or 16th??

• 7 Nov 2009 tarz said

Default_avatar

I am looking at just doing London to Athens and leaving on the 25th of May.

• 7 Nov 2009 Stacey88 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tarz_213:
    I am looking at just doing London to Athens and leaving on the 25th of May.

are you sure that tour leaves on the 25th? cos im looking at doing that tour in may and i cant see that date offered?

this topic has confused me so much cos i still see the dates for the 46 day camping as the 11th, 18th and 25th.

am i going crazy? lol

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.