Community_discussions_small  

Comment

I need help and/or advice about Europe Discovery

11 Jun 2007 sanstrike said

Default_avatar
Hi, my name is santiago, implanin to take European Discovery package (14 days)arround October 26th, im married, my wife and i are both 28 and have a lot of energy.I would like to know if somedoby took this package before and tell me if this is really worth it, some people told me that im not going to see anything, but it think the ayre worng, it's my first time travel to europe and for me it's expensive, that why i want to see a little bit arround europe, the main cities and that, and i'm planing to go to Spain in the same trip, any idea to share?
  • 11 Jun 2007 Gryphon said

Default_avatar

Hi Santiago,

I took this trip about a year ago and I think it’s a really good trip to take if it’s your first time to Europe. It was my first time to Europe as well and I saw all the key sights that I wanted to see in Amsterdam, Paris and Italy. You may spend quite a bit of time on the bus and a lot of early mornings but you get to visit a great number of cities in the major European countries, only thing would be that I didn’t get to visit Berlin. And it’s not too long a trip that you’ll get tired of being on the road and exhausted by the end of the trip.

• 11 Jun 2007 Marina said

Default_avatar

i just finished this trip on june 7th and i think it’s def a trip worth takin especially if it’s ur first time to europe. you get to see all the major sites in the cities on the tour and you make a lot of new friends and have a great time. on my trip alone there were 3 couples on their honeymoons and a few more nonmarried couples. it’s a lot of fun and like the previous poster said, it’s not too long. i would def suggest doing almost all of the excursions too (white water rafting, the paris nouvelle show, tuscan dinner, amsterdam canal cruise, cable car in switzerland, gondola ride in venice) the only ones that i didn’t do were the group pic, the venetian dinner, the swarovski museum (heard it wasn’t worth it) and i think that’s it. it was great!!

• 12 Jun 2007 Gryphon said

Default_avatar

The Amsterdam canal cruise is a MUST. It was our first night on the tour and everyone got sloshed from the free flow of alcohol on the cruise and everyone knew everyone else by the end of the night!

• 15 Jun 2007 Rachelh said

Default_avatar

Hello Santiago, i went on a European Discovery a year ago, it was amazing! i met great people who i am still in contact with now. i really enjoyed all of the sites and the cities. Contiki is really good for first time europe travelling, you will see all of the main cities including, London, Paris, Amsterdam and Rome.
    If you wanted to go to spain after your trip around europe then you can go on the spanish spree which is an in-depth trip where you spend 12 days in spain, and really get to know the country. visiting spains most famous city, Madrid, and a 3 night stay in Ibiza, you will also visit Barcelona, Cordoba, Seville, Gibraltar and Grenada. DONT HESITATE IT IS GOING TO BE A GREAT TRIP, YOU’LL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion