Community_discussions_small  

Question

Los Angeles solo travel, 3 August - 9 August 2014

19 Sep 2013 amybedwell asked

amybedwell

Hey everyone!

I'm stopping over for a quick look around in Los Angeles on the 3rd of August to the 9th of August in 2014 before heading to Europe to start my Contiki. I guess I just wanted to know if anyone could offer some advice on things to do and see while I am there. I've booked myself into the Banana Bungalow Hollywood Hostel for six nights which I believe in on Hollywood Boulevard, so I'm quite central to everything.

I'll be doing the sights as well as the nightlife, so let me know if you have any suggestions!

Also, let me know if you're traveling solo around then two. I'd be keen to meet up and share our experiences (:

• 27 Sep 2013 amybedwell said

amybedwell

anyone?

• 24 Oct 2013 Tanya said

Default_avatar

Hi, I am also keen on travelling to the usa and taking up the last minute deals to experience
    a white Christmas. Any suggestions as to which contiki tour to go on. And how I need a visa and long before departure to I need to apply for it. I have
    south african passport.

• 28 Oct 2013 MichaelClark said

MichaelClark

sorry I finish a contiki in los angeles but I leave la back to auckland 24th july.

• 31 Dec 2013 Faye said

Faye

With regards to the sights, what are your interests?

If you are into arts, I suggest a visit to the Paul Getty museum.

Shopping + Beach: Promenade and Santa Monica. If you get bored before the days ends, hop on bus line 720 from Santa Monica. This bus will take you to Beverly Hills, Koreatown, Little Tokyo and finally to the Montebello terminus. If travelling solo after sunset, I would recommend you to get off before Montebello (used to take classes at Montebello and can tell you it’s not the safest place to be at night).

Outdoor shopping + Entertainment + Farmer’s market: The Grove

I would suggest against going to Disneyland and Universal Studios as you will most likely be queuing for over 1 hour for a 1 min ride.

If my March-April 2014 Eurotrip doesn’t wipe me out, I might consider going to L.A. in late July/August/September.

• 6 Jan 2014 Patricia said

Default_avatar

I would like to travet to LA but not sure of the dates as yet, i will be travelling from South Africa.. was thinking of travelling in July or August.

• 8 Mar 2014 MissManda89 said

MissManda89

I miss you by a day – I arrive on the 10th. I was hoping to find people who will be around at the same time too. Last time I went to LA I had 4 days – spent one at disneyland, one at the jay leno show, one exploring walk of fame with madame tussauds etc and the other day around the farmers markets and shopping etc. Lots to do there :) Good luck

• 8 Mar 2014 Timbo88 said

Timbo88

I get there on the 9th before my contiki begins on the 10th with a mate. But we will be jet lagged as I imagine haha

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion