Community_discussions_small  

Question

Any advice for people going alone?

1 Aug 2009 Free_Spirit asked

Free_Spirit
Hey all,

It's my first time going overseas and I'm going alone! I'm quite nervously excited about it! What a leap for me... Well, I was just wondering if anybody who has done this before can give me some tips on how to enjoy myself even more.

Greetings from South Africa.
  • 28 Aug 2009 Stavgrl2 said

Stavgrl2

Hi There! I just came back from doing the Magic trip alone, and I had a blast. A LOT Of people actually travel alone, so you won’t be the only one. I would definitely go to the meeting the night before the trip starts in London. You will meet others who will want to grab some dinner or drinks and it’s a good way to meet others. You will also have a roommate (if you signed up for twin share) who you will be around a lot. FYI the beds in most hotels are pushed together so hopefully you won’t have trouble with that. ALSO— Sign up for as many activities as you can (especially in Amsterdam). Most of the people on my tour did ALL of the extra excursions. Have fun— once you get to london on your own, you will have no problem meeting othersSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 Aug 2009 Free_Spirit said

Free_Spirit

Hey!

Omw! That’s just what I wanted to hear… Of course I’ll do ALL the activities! About the roommate thing I’ll get clarity when I’m there. I’m a guy who’s quite keen on my space but if it’s a spontaneous person I don’t think there’ll be a problem. This is radical!!!! Thanks for replyin I appreciate it so much… I’m really excited and I’m writing exams now so this is gonna be some great motivation Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.