Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.
Can someone tell me if I have this right?
- 6 responses so far
We were in the same boat last year. We started looking around Aug, but the book didn’t come out til late Oct. We looked at the year befores book and had a rough idea about dates, only changed by a couple of days. We went to a Europe Expo in the city (Melbourne) the first weekend of Nov, organised by Flight Centre. We got the new book there, got some special offers (if you paid in full 6 months ahead) and were able to book the holiday there on the day.
Hope this helps.
Ugh, I know! Isn’t it frustrating!!
We were the same as Em, keen as to organise a tour but had to wait patiently until the new dates came out. I know it seems like a long way away, but it does come around really quickly. You’ll be booking your 2010 tour before you know it! Yahhh!!! <!--graemlin::D-->
On the same boat here! I am actually just going to try paying my tour off as soon as possible because I am not sure when I will be taking it (since the dates haven’t come out) and I want to take advantage of the discount you get when you pay off the tour 6months in advanced. I have already pre-booked and made my down payment. Can’t wait for October to get here so I can see the dates!
hopefully the time goes fast.. it just doesnt seem real till its booked in..
quote:Originally posted by cassie:
If I was looking at doing a tour next June, then I have to wait until the dates/brochure for next year come out before I can book. And this isn’t till mid way though October.
Is this right?
No, I do not think it is. I was able to book my tour before dates came out. In the US they call it prebooking and actually even offer discounts for those who book before dates come out to try and offest the cost of the price increase. If you pay in full there was also another discount for being 6 months to 1 year paid off in full as well. What happened was I called, told them the tour I wanted, and the month. When dates came out they contacted me to see what date I wanted. I think I had 2 weeks to decide or could get a full refund if the dates did not work.
But like I said, I am in the US so it might be different if you are in another country.
We went through the same thing at the end of last year. … It is worth looking up the dates of the previous year so you can estimate when the tours will leave for the next year. … My friends and I attempted this as we are going on three seperate tours (one contiki and the others, other companies) and had to try and work them together somehow, v. hard when they all need deposits and aren’t confirmed departures. (But the contiki one was one day off from what I was expecting, which was great)
Try and estimate the dates to try and work in with the other things you want to do.
Because we were doing so many dif things and it got confusing so I typed all the dates I wanted to be away for in on Excel and moved the tours backwards and forwards to dates that I thought may leave and worked it together with my other plans.
Hope it all works out for the best.
We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.