Community_discussions_small  

Comment

New York New Year

31 Dec 2010 tracysyd said

tracysyd
Hi everyone,
I am thinking of doing the New York New Year at the end of the year (planning it early I know but trying to arrange time off work). Just wondering what people who have done it thought of it?
Also just wondering what people did for new years eve itself? I was wondering if you do anything more than just going to times square because I've heard you have to stand there from like 2pm?? Or do you go somewhere in particular?
Anyway anything you could tell me about the trip would be muchly appreciated!
Happy New Year!
  • 2 Jan 2011 Ben8 said

Default_avatar

Hey bud, me and my girlfriend booked that tour today, I’m not sure exactly what you do but I know you have dinner somewhere in times square and you also have a open bar for the night…… As for getting in early, when we booked today the travel agent told us that there are 3 buses for this tour, 2 of those buses are already full and half of the 3rd bus is already full. So if your keen I wouldn’t leave it to much longer. Anyway good luck with it all Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Jan 2011 JessADL said

Default_avatar

I’d also like this question answered.
    Thanks for the heads up on the availability Ben!

• 3 Jan 2011 tracysyd said

tracysyd

awesome, as soon as i get confirmation from my work for holidays ill book it. did you just book it through contiki or which travel agent did you use. sounds like new years will be good fun whatever we do! On the website here it says its still available but maybe it doesn’t update as fast. thanks for the heads up

• 4 Jan 2011 Ben8 said

Default_avatar

We just booked through flight center….. I reckon new years in new York would be friggin awesome no matter what we end up doin. There might still be a few spots available still our travel agent might have told us there’s limited spots just to get us to book. But saying that I wouldn’t leave it to long tho before you book. Were planning on getting up there a bit early and spending Christmas in new York too. Anyway keep in touch if you end up booking it would be awesome to get to know a few people before the tour starts Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 Jan 2011 Explorer1225023 said

Default_avatar

I’ve recently booked for this tour as well. I’d really like to find out if we’re in a pub or something for new years eve…i’m guessing we are if there’s an open bar? my friend was in times square for nye a few years ago and had to leave way before midnight because it was so cold…so hopefully we’re indoors somewhere!

• 5 Jan 2011 Ben8 said

Default_avatar

Yeah not sure if were in a pub or not, it’s goin to be so friggen cold over there. When are you planning on getting to new York?

• 6 Jan 2011 tracysyd said

tracysyd

Awesome, if you dont mind me asking, is it cheaper through a travel agent? I’m planning on booking within the next few days, got my leave from work oked so im in! I’m spending Christmas with a friend and their family then im planning on heading in maybe a couple of days before the tour. Anyway, will certainly keep in touch.

• 6 Jan 2011 Ben8 said

Default_avatar

Hey matey not sure if it’s cheaper or not through an agent. I booked through an agent coz I just thought it would be easier and that way I know it’s been booked properly :P it’s going to be an awesome new years can’t wait.

• 17 Feb 2011 Greg85 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!!!!

I just booked this tour myself! Going Solo at the moment!!! Will be a ball!!! Just need to start working out what ill be doing before and after the tour now!!!! Im from Sydney!!! Anyone else going from Sydney?

cheers

• 17 Apr 2011 tracysyd said

tracysyd

hey again guys! thought i replied to this agggeeeesssss ago but chalk it up to a blonde moment! i am leaving from sydney just before christmas. my facebook is t2112swim@hotmail.com. I am booking lots of stuff for my trip at the moment so getting excited!

• 17 Apr 2011 Hayley said

Hayley

Hi everyone!

I did this tour last year and had TONS of fun!

The group is supposed to be in Times Square in a restaurant overlooking Times Square. The open bar is from 10-midnight. Our group, however, were just outside of Times Square because apparently Contiki had some difficulty securing the spot inside Times Square. Unfortunately, no one on the tour was notified so some people were quite upset! Having said that, we still had a fabulous time and I highly recommend this tour to anyone even remotely considering it. The hotel is in a great location but the best thing this tour has going for it is the tour managers. Their knowledge is amazing and they are super nice.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion