Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Egypt and the Nile - 23/24 September 2011

3 Jan 2011 GLOBETROTTER said

Default_avatar
Anyone else going on this trip? Bueller...Bueller?

I know it's months away but I'm pretty pumped already!
  • 23 Jan 2011 GLOBETROTTER said

Default_avatar

Also, I’m planning on doing an Alexandria day tour (Oct 1) after the Contiki tour is over. I’m a solo traveler. Anyone interested in joining?

• 17 Aug 2011 Explorer1262227 said

Default_avatar

Hi! My husband and I are on this trip! Can’t wait. We’re from Canada and will be flying in from Venice after the Italy Espresso tour, then heading to Greece after!

• 9 Sep 2011 Beks said

Beks

Hi folks!
    Thought I’d stop in and say hi cos I’m going to be joining you :)
    Getting in to Cairo on the 24th and looking forward to meeting you all.
    I haven’t quite got my head around that I’m actually going to see Egypt – I’ve been in London 4.5 years and it was always going to be one of the 1st places I got to, and somehow I always found other places to go! Fortunately seeing everyone’s cool Egypt tales with us gave me a bit of prod so figured I better book before it became another 4 years!
    See you soon.
    ~Beks :)

• 9 Sep 2011 Theo@SouthAfrica said

Theo@SouthAfrica

Hey Guys I’m in on this trip, I’m pretty pumped up about it, but it’s my first solo travel overseas and pretty hesitant about that. Looking forward to meeting you guys on the 24th of sep which is like 2 weeks away. Globetrotter i might be down on that trip as I leave Cairo at like 11 in the evening of the 1st of oct. We’ll talk!!!!!!!

• 9 Sep 2011 Beks said

Beks

Hi Theo!!
    Embrace the travel and you’ll be fine. And if you can get through Egypt on your own everything else will be a breeze. Once you’ve done it once, you won’t look back. It’s really just the unknown you find you end up most hesitant about.
    :)

• 15 Sep 2011 Explorer1262227 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone! I don’t know if anyone else was concerned after this weekends events in Cairo but we were;)! So I just thought I’d pass on the info we were given. Contiki told us everything is continuing as planned so far and none of the tours on the ground there now have been affected by the weekends uprising and all tourist locations are open for buisness (we were concerned about this one since they closed the pyramids down after the January riots).
    Just thought I’d pass that on! So excited!!!

• 19 Sep 2011 Explorer1291360 said

Default_avatar

Hello everyone!!! I will be arriving in Cairo on the 24th. I’ve always wanted to see Egypt, so I am super excited, only a few more days to go!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion