Community_discussions_small  

Question

How is this tour?

17 Mar 2010 Chilindrina83 asked

Chilindrina83
I want to do this tour, but I would like to have some opinions of people that already been to this tour. Any thoughts or comments would be great.

Thanks!!
  • 22 Mar 2010 Shannon735 said

Shannon735

Hey! I did the Spotlight on Greece + 7 Day Cruise last year and loved it! The only negative thing I can say about the Spotlight tour is that you are go-go-go! You see a lot over 5 days, so don’t expect much time for some R&R. Most days we were up between 6-7AM and then were up until 2-3AM depending if we went out. That being said, you get to see a ton of Greece and once you’re outside of Athens, it is so beautiful! Delphi was probably my favourite spot and you get to see a lot of small sea side towns. I would recommend it for sure! Msg me if you have any questions Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Mar 2010 Chilindrina83 said

Chilindrina83

Hi Shannon:
    Thanks a lot for your message. I really want to do this tour because it covers pretty much the best parts of Greece and some parts of Turkey. How was Turkey on this tour? Did you spend a lot of money on this tour? I’ve done Contiki before and I loved it, thats why I want to do another tour for the third time, but I havent make my final decision, between this tour and the Spanish Spree, or just Australia, decisions, decisions. Please let me know and thanks again for the info Red Face<!--graemlin::o-->)

• 23 Mar 2010 Chilindrina83 said

Chilindrina83

Shannon:
    My bad, I forgot to ask you about the night life of this tour. You guys went to pubs, bars, how is it?
    Thanks!

• 25 Mar 2010 Shannon735 said

Shannon735

Turkey was okay. I really liked how for 90euro we were able to have a full two-day tour of Istanbul and see a lot of the important high lights. The downfall of being on a cruise ship is that EVERYONE knows you are a tourist so I found that vendors were constantly trying to sell things and they are very persistent about it. That being said, going to the Grand Bazaar was one of my most favourite memories of the trip!

The great part about the cruise is going to the smaller islands. I really loved Patmos (probably my favourite) and of course, Mykonos and Santorini. We went out most nights whether it was at a pub/club or on the ship’s disco. In Mykonos there’s Paradise Beach which is a club on the beach and it was awesome! I went in May though so it was a little bit chilly the day we went (and quieter on the island) so it would be probably better to go between June – end of August.

I can’t remember exactly how much I spent on the trip. Probably around $5000 including flights/spending money/tours/etc. I thought it was worth the money though!!

• 9 May 2010 Cricky said

Cricky

I would recommend this trip as a great intro to greece. It is fast pace for the spotlight part but well worth if you want to see lots. Loved Delphi as well. Great views from hotel and a stones throw to downtown to have a bit of nightlife. I went on the 3 day cruise and was wanting more but if you have limited time to travel I would recommend. Ask about going to turkish bath in Kudasai a great experience if you are up to it.

• 17 May 2010 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, I would like to add a few questions if you guys dont mind. Whats the best time to go? I have my sights in June or July. Also is there a huge difference between the 3 day and 7 day cruise?

Thanks,

Ryan

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion