Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Whirl Tour (First time Europe Traveller)

2 Jan 2008 Miss.Tammy said

Default_avatar
I'm sorry but i know i've made many posts before regarding travelling Europe for the first time. My friend and I have made up our decision to do the contiki European Whirl tour rather than doing it on our own. We thought that since it is only a 3 week trip, it's best to do a tour so everything would be organized and we wouldn't waste so much time finding places by doing it ourselves.

Anyone who has done this tour, or something similar - any advice would be great. Again this is my first time travelling to Europe. We want to do lots of partying at night time - are tours very strict on what we do at night time? Because we also want to explore some stuff on our own also and not always have to follow the tour around.

I also heard that with tours, the accomodation is usually located in the suburbs - therefore, find transportation to the cities where the clubs are at may be expensive. Any suggestions on that? Because we would love to do alot of partying in Europe.

We are not much for designer shopping sprees either, but about how much money should we budget per day? And how much clothes to bring?

Sorry so many questions. Any helpful advice would be great!

You can also email me at tammy-phan@hotmail.com if you have any advice and suggestions for a first time europe traveller! =)
  • 3 Jan 2008 DrunkCaller204 said

DrunkCaller204

They are not strict i went on something very similar to this and i drank every night except one where i was sick…
    Advice on money… if you do not want to shop it will not take alot i would say less than 2000 USD …. I tried to spend that in 22 days and had a hard time…. but i didn’t by allot of junk… i did go one every optional excursion except 2: mounlin rouge in paris which costs like 150 USD and something in Germany that you will not go on…..i suggest to go on everyone that you can .. they are worth it… Especially if you can do a romantic boat ride in Amsterdam….
    Some nights will be hard to get to the city… not really hard but more difficult such as Rome….
    There will be alot of drinking at the hotel bar… which lets you get to know your fellow travelers but you do not get to meet alot of locals….
    If you like dancing and clubbing… i dont have much advice on that … i know there are a lot of “Disco’s” as they call them … or clubs but i only went to one or two ….
    Hope that helped

• 6 Jan 2008 Pauls said

Default_avatar

Hey I’ve booked to leave on the whirl tour departing June 1st, thanks for you post helped sort out some money queries I had.
    Really excited travelling solo hopefully it’s a good group, was your tour mixed ages?

• 9 Jan 2008 sehohner said

sehohner

Thanks for all of the info as well! Im travelling alone for the first time..Im booking my Euro Whirl trip for May 17, 08 and am kind of worried about how expensive it is to buy souvenirs. I was also wondering if anyone could tell me what the price of the average drink is in the countries on the Euro Whirl tour(France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Czech Republic)? I know that beer is really common and everything but what if you are not a beer drinker? What would be the cheapest drink(thats not totally disgusting) to get at a bar or club?
    Any help would be awesome!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.