Community_discussions_small  

Comment

english premier league

7 Jun 2008 frodoewan said

frodoewan
anyone interested on the epl on saturday 30 august let me know.

Is it really hard to get tickets for the games?
  • 7 Jun 2008 Bradleyc123 said

Bradleyc123

Gday mate!

Im having the same problems, im unable to find where i can purchase tickets from, without going through a website im unsure of!

Im lookin for tickets to really any game between sept 14 and 18, dunno what chance i have though as no dates have been released…

• 7 Jun 2008 Sharni said

Default_avatar

Yeah Im thinking of also going to see a game while I am in England, but not sure when. I was going to leave it till I get over there. I wouldn’t think the early games in the season would be sold out.

• 8 Jun 2008 joanne1982 said

Default_avatar

Hi. I live in england and thought I would try and give you some info on the ticket process.I live in the north east so my local premier teams are newcastle, sunderland and middlesbrough.My little bro is an arsenal supporter.Ive tried for many months myself to get tickets for arsenal but with no success. You have to pay to become a member of the club (£30) and then you can buy tickets but the demand is so high for all their games that there isnt much chance. Not sure if any of the other clubs require you to be a member. You would have to look at the individual club websites for info on buying tickets. If you did want to trave further north you may find it easier to buy tickets however the likes of manchester united and liverpool will still be hard to get even at the start of the season. I would suggest that youL look at specific club sites to see how and when they sell tickets. The club sites are safe as far as I know but if you do find ticket availibility and didnt want to pay online you could phone the club box ofice to pay. (Some people who cant get tickets go to the stadium on the day and buy them off people outside, however this is risky, illegal and can cost a bomb) for my club newcastle tickets usually go on sale about 3 weeks before the game and its first come first served.If i want to go to a newcastle game I phone in the first hour that they go on sale (if it is a top game they will usually be sold out after this time) hope this helps.(I really would try though as the premier league games/stadiums have a great atmosphere and will be well worth the £50 (approx) that you pay for a tcket.

• 8 Jun 2008 frodoewan said

frodoewan

hey thanks joanne,

I signed up on the fulham website and become available to tickets when they come on sale.
    Thanks for the advice and i decided fulham might be easier to get tickets to as they are not the big 4. Also Mark Schwarzer a fellow aussie is now playing for them so want to support our own

• 8 Jun 2008 joanne1982 said

Default_avatar

No probs.Hope you get to see a great game. jo

• 8 Jun 2008 Davo said

Default_avatar

Hey my mates and i (7 in total) got tickets to that double header friendly Hamburg vs someone and arsenal vs real madrid, and we had to become arsenal members to get them, but hey its worth it to see a premior league game, im from australia and dont really follow it but i like newcastle cause of there black and white strip, but will prob have to become an arsenal fan now lol. At least i can come home and say id seen a game!!

• 10 Jun 2008 Explorer1101860 said

Default_avatar

As Joanne said, Fulham is probably your best bet. Fixtures are released on June 16th this year to it might be worth keeping an eye on the web for the fixtures. Trying to get tickets for Arsenal is impossible but to be honest you aint missing anything (its like a library there, no atmosphere & everyone leaves with 10 minutes to go). Tottenham is expensive as is Chelsea, at least Fulham do good deals for tickets (last season they did 2 adults and 2 children for £48 – good when it was £30 just for 1 adult!). They also have a ‘neutral’ section so fans who dont have any affiliation to a side can sit in there and just enjoy the game – this is probably for the best as the last thing you want to do is become a Fulham fan – they suck!. West Ham is another alternative, though you might again find tickets a struggle.

If you get the chance to head out of London and take in a game, try heading to Everton – they are 1 mile from Liverpool’s ground and its the only real traditional stadium left in the top flight (all the others like Anfield and Old Trafford have just become corporate days out). They finnished 5th in the league last season and have an aussie in Cahill and an American in Howard. Tickets are reasonably priced too.

Just as a thought though- without wanting to rain on your parade I have a horrible feeling England are playing internationals around that weekend so all PL games will be off. Hope this isnt the case but they usually play around the end of august/start of september

• 10 Jun 2008 frodoewan said

frodoewan

thanks,
    and i just checked england play on the 6th of septmeber so its all good.

I know plenty of other places to watch game but little limited for time and being a liverpool supporter everton might be a bit of a stretch lol

• 11 Jun 2008 Explorer1101860 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Im having the same problems, im unable to find where i can purchase tickets from, without going through a website im unsure of!

Im lookin for tickets to really any game between sept 14 and 18, dunno what chance i have though as no dates have been released…

Good luck – between the 14th & 18th is a european week – you might get a Champions League game in if you are lucky and the thursday night will be uefa cup games at Portsmouth, Man City, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Everton. This is just typical as i’m an Everton season ticket holder and am going to miss our first european game of the season as i’m on tour!

No worries Frodoewan, I wont make any comments about Liverpool having a very foriegn fanbase Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

you might find checking out ticketmaster a bit closer to the time worth a look, Fulham sell tickets on there so keep an eye out – tickets will usually go on sale about 3 weeks befre the game. Enjoy!

• 16 Jun 2008 Explorer1101860 said

Default_avatar

right fixtures for the weekend you are looking at have been announced today –
    Saturday, 30 August 2008
    Arsenal v Newcastle,
    Aston Villa v Liverpool,
    Bolton v West Brom,
    Chelsea v Tottenham,
    Everton v Portsmouth,
    Hull v Wigan,
    Man Utd v Fulham,
    Middlesbrough v Stoke,
    Sunderland v Man City,
    West Ham v Blackburn,

Unfortunately your only realistic game to get tickets for is the West Ham – Blackburn game. You will have absolutely no chance of getting the Chelsea-Spurs or Arsenal-Newcastle tickets unless you are willing to pay over £100 of a scalper.

• 16 Jun 2008 9lives said

Default_avatar

i would pay 100 quid to see villa beat liverpool im going to look further into this when i arrive in london hopefully get tickets for a villa game in london somewhere
    GL with it guys enjoy

• 16 Jun 2008 Sarah007 said

Default_avatar

instead of spending loads on EPL games maybe go see a Championship game?

if u must see one of the top 4 maybe catch a FA cup round match (though the team will probably be the 2nd/3rd choice team!)

• 16 Jun 2008 Stanga said

Default_avatar

Last year my Dad went over at around the August/September mark to see my sister and they went to an Arsenal game at Emirates Stadium. I think it was a Carling Cup game and tickets weren’t more than 50 quid. They had to sit apart from each other but you get that… From what I’ve heard here, I think they may have just lucked out!

• 17 Jun 2008 frodoewan said

frodoewan

yes decisions decisions.

Gona see if i can get a ticket and travel up to birmingham to see villa v liverpool.
    Dont like my chances but might get lucky.

But looking like i mite try and see a couple of aussies play at west ham v blackburn

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion