Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Canadians taking money

18 Dec 2007 Brynn said

Default_avatar
Hey
I just wanted to know if any Canadians that have done a tour before how they brought money for Europe??
  • 18 Dec 2007 sharpec said

Default_avatar

I brought over 300 Euro, and took the rest out while I was in Italy. Basically most places either took Mastercard, or/and there were TONS of ATM style machines to take out money at.
    I didn’t find it a problem at all.

Chelsea
    - Simply Italy 2007-

• 19 Dec 2007 aroundthe said

Default_avatar

When I went on European Magic last year, I took 200 CAN Cash, 20 pounds and about 50 Euros. Then rest of the time I used my bank card to take money out from ATM’s. At the time I was with TD Canada Trust who had a bank plan for about 25$ that allowed you unlimited bank transaction including international transaction at no extra cost. ATM’s offered you better exchange rate and no commission.

• 31 Dec 2007 gracesc said

Default_avatar

I’m going in may and I still have no idea how I’m going to handle the money situation but from what I’ve read on other threads, make sure you let your bank and credit card co. know that you are going to europe for your specified travel times..i’ve read too many stories about people getting their cards cancelled due to fraud concerns. Hope this helps!

• 31 Dec 2007 marla said

Default_avatar

I believe I brought close to $300 E cash (but only kept enough for a day or two in my ‘every day’ wallet). Don’t bring traveller’s cheques.. there were a few people on my tour who had to waste time looking for places to cash them while the rest of us were out sightseeing.

Have a great time!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.