Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.



24 Jun 2008 Explorer1104505 said

Hi!<BR><BR>I am coming to australia next week, for a couple of weeks and I want to bring my camera. I wanted to find out though, what voltage is used in Australia. My camera battery charger uses 110v in Trinidad, where I'm from. What would I need to get to get my charger to work in Australia?? What does the plug look like?<BR><BR>Someone pleeeeeaaaaaaaase help me
  • Read the responses 5 responses so far
  • 25 Jun 2008 Explorer1104505 said


    Hey ptooma! Thank you so much for your help! I went to radio shack and they had a plug with 2 spoke (the two that look like a V). Would the two-spoke plug be able to work in your sockets??

  • 21 Jul 2008 Suanne_&_Roy1103094 said


    Now you realy should try and get these while you are at home. BUT if you get stuck in OZ, try “Dick Smith Electronics”, “Priceline” and “Australia Geographic”. I was recently looking for Oz to Europe adapters but they also had international to Oz adaptors.

  • 22 Jul 2008 ***Stacey*** said


    Or for a cheaper option, try Big W or KMart

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

More Discussions



Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.