Community_discussions_small  

Question

Pre plan or wing it?

29 Dec 2009 Jema J asked

Jema J
Hi Guys,

I'm going on the Winter Wanderer tour in January and then staying around London for week after the tour ends.

Havent booked any accommodation for that week... not sure if i should or wait it out til the tour finishes and just find the first place to crash?

Should i plan ahead and book something in now? Or find something during the tour? Or just wait until it ends and see where life takes me?
  • 29 Dec 2009 NaHdz said

NaHdz

If you’re comfortable winging it then go for it. I’m sure you’ll be able to find a hostel or something..it’s very unlikely that very hostel in London would be full but if they are you might just have to fork out a bit more to stay in a hotel.

• 30 Dec 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

I don’t think in January you’ll have trouble finding a place to stay so I think you’ll be fine to wing it. But I would book a place for the night after your tour so you know you have a place then. Then you can switch if you want.

Or you can make a reservation that can be canceled. Then you have a place to stay but if something better turns up you can cancel it.

• 30 Dec 2009 DasheR said

Default_avatar

I say wait for the tour to end; wing it.
    Who knows you may not want to stay in London you may meet a cool bunch of people and want to follow them around the UK – which is what I am hoping to do.
    Just make sure that you have enough cash to stay in some pricier places if you have too…

• 1 Jan 2010 Jema J said

Jema J

I think the general consensus is to just go for gold and wing it, which is i guess what i’ll be doing since im heading out next weekend with no plans.

If you see a lost girl walking around aimlessly in London in Feb, come grab me out of the cold Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.