Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Northern 1 June 07

24 Sep 2006 kiwicrackdealer said

Default_avatar
Hiya all
Just thought i'd start a seperate discussion for the 1st june tour. Im all booked, and im interested to hear from all the rest of my tour mates. Im a kiwi (hence the nickname) and while i havent done a contiki before i have been to New york. Looking forward to the tour, and hearing from you all
Cheers kiwicrackdealer
  • 11 Jan 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Thanks Heather I will look it up

• 14 Jan 2007 Heather83 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,
    Im thinking of changing hotels. Ive decided that while I am in NY I might as well have a little luxury before I have to start slumming it. I also want it to be memorable so I think I am going to change to the Chelsea Star. It looks cool if nothing else.

• 19 Jan 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Did you change Heather I will be at the Beacon I know I’m boring but I will be touring all but 1 night that I’m there you guys should catch up with Claire, Sarah and I when we get in on the 28th go with what you want

• 22 Jan 2007 Heather83 said

Default_avatar

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Im paid up yayayayay, now I have to save for spending money, oh my gawd that is going to have to be a lot even just for NY!!!!! Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping Shopping

I will be staying at the Chelsea Star, comming to the Beacon very early in the morning on the 1st, hung over and very tired hehe. Then at the end I am staying at the Anehiem hotel the 24th and 25th. Yayayayayayayay

I just had a coffee.

• 23 Jan 2007 kiwicrackdealer said

Default_avatar

Me and Paul have paid up, but our travel agent says we wont get our tour packs til march!!!
    I think Paul really wants to get his hands on his now. Hey Heather, early morning starts are nothing in NY, i had to get up at 3.30 for our 7.30 departure last time i was there.If you come early to the Beacon, Paul will cook you breakfast in our kitchenette. Im pretty sure we have one. We’ll even make you coffee.
    Hey Andrew, have a good trip, wont see you at all, we will be in NY when you get to LA.

• 23 Jan 2007 Heather83 said

Default_avatar

You are just way too sweet!!!!! Well I guess I wont be getting any sleep then cause if we are drinking the night before I have to get back to the hostel book out then come crashing in at your place. Damn!!!!
    Coffee coffee coffee, sugar sugar sugar, chocolate chocolate chocolate

• 24 Jan 2007 Pervy said

Pervy

Me? Cooking? Oh crap!!

• 27 Jan 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Is everybody invited to the cook up? Hey Heather how far away is your hotel? Everything is looking good, though I’m so bad at saving the spending money, the fact that it’s called spending money means its meant to be spent. I’m going to call mine holiday money so I stop spending it. I dont think it will work but its worth a try how is everybody elses saving going?

• 27 Jan 2007 Pervy said

Pervy

Hey Nicloe,I guess we could do a group cookup. I’ve done some looking into this and have found that there is a really good fresh food market very close to the hotel. I’m really good at cooking M&Ms and eggs and we could get some bagels and cream cheese or marmite which I might bring. My saving is going ok. I all ready have about$1000 US and $300 Canadian plus I plan to pay for all my options on the credit card and any other city tours before the trip I will also put on the mastercard. Looking at doing hop on hop off tours in San Francisco and New York plus an evening tour of Alcatraz and the Statue of Liberty tour.

• 27 Jan 2007 Heather83 said

Default_avatar

Cook up sounds awsome. I have no problems about who comes just as long as the boys dont mind cooking.

<y saving is really bad since I have just finished off paying for my trip. I am hopefully getting another job soon which should help.

• 28 Jan 2007 kiwicrackdealer said

Default_avatar

Hey Paul, i dont know if m&m’s go with eggs. but banana goes well with bacon. yeah, we can cook up a storm, im liking the bagels and cream cheese idea. do they have bagels in america? or should we bring some with us?
    Lets cook the girls some eggs! im thinking omelettes

• 29 Jan 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

I also want my pack already my travel agent is fantastic, she said the packs would come out at least 1 full month prior to leaving. But I want mine now as well but I guess it would only serve to get me more excited about going which at this stage I don’t think is possible Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 29 Jan 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

I think they have bagels over there, but I’m not a fan of banana’s. But the omelettes sound good. At this rate it sounds like me are all pulling an all nighter the night before tour! Which is fine with me as I function better on no sleep rather than a couple of hours. Also I was told the neck pillows are a must for sleeping on the bus or plane from a friend who just did a Europe contiki

• 29 Jan 2007 Heather83 said

Default_avatar

Boys they live on bagels over in North America. At least they do in Canada, my sister lived in BC for 5 months and thats what they had for breakfast. ALL NIGHTER WOOHOO!!!!!

• 30 Jan 2007 Pervy said

Pervy

I know you can get bagels in the States.Ian you are a funny man. I introduced them to my friends after my first trip to North America(well Bacon anyway). I’m not sure about the all nighter. I might go to bed at 8pm and wake up at 5am to start cooking and getting ready for the influx of “ladies”

• 30 Jan 2007 Heather83 said

Default_avatar

oh you piker!!!!! we will have to pump you full of sugar and caffiene. Either that or I will jump up and down on your bed till you wake up. Ive done it before and I will do it again.

• 31 Jan 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Good work Heather I was thinking if we steal their hotel key they wont have a choice of going to bed or not. Neway isn’t New York the city that never sleeps?

• 31 Jan 2007 Heather83 said

Default_avatar

You know what I think you are right. Boys be prepared for the invasion!!!!!

• 31 Jan 2007 kiwicrackdealer said

Default_avatar

Hey Paul, do you think they are skilled in the ancient art of pillo fighting? We can take them out if it comes to that. Oh, and the neck pillows are great, especially when you have to sleep on a bus with a stranger. Man, im getting excited, but not as excited as Paul, who keeps emailing me tours to do in vegas. Yeah Vegas Baby!!!

• 1 Feb 2007 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Are u going back to Vegas or doing these while we are on tour and I’m getting way too over excited I can’t wait!!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.