Community_discussions_small  

Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.

Question

Croatia Island Escape! First Time Solo Traveller

22 Feb 2017 Zoe asked

Zoe

Hi all!

I'm thinking of doing the Croatia Island Escape and have posted on a few other posts regarding this holiday but thought I would make my own too.
I'm 24 from Yorkshire, England and it would be my first solo holiday which makes me really nervous. I think I would be okay travelling to Croatia but its once I'm there that I think I would panic. Just wondering if anyone has been before knows whether you can organise to meet in the airport or anything along those lines to then all travel to the dock/ship.

Any responses to this will be much appreciated :)

• Read the responses 4 responses so far
  • 22 Feb 2017 Amelia P said

Default_avatar

I haven’t been on my first contiki trip yet, and I’m not going to Croatia but once you book your trip there is a section here called meetup where you can chat to other people doing the tour. Mine is empty at the moment cause I have booked really far in advance but I am sure this is the perfect place to chat to people about what flights they’re getting and potential meetups once you’re there :)

• 25 Feb 2017 Zoe said

Zoe

Oh really! Well thank you for this information :)

• 10 Apr 2017 Ben Braybrooke said

Ben Braybrooke

Hey Zoe :). I am from England too. Croatia was my first solo trip, it was amazing!!! I thought I would panic too but I was fairly organised and everything turned out just fine! Croatia is gorgeous, I started in Dubrovnik and made way up the coast and visited a few islands. I wish I had known about Contiki when I was 22, as it felt it was quite stressful organising everything on my own haha! Good experience though :)

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

More Discussions